Author Topic: Is the Depression of the Old Soul something normal?  (Read 9649 times)

jo

• View Profile
Is the Depression of the Old Soul something normal?
« on: September 01, 2011, 09:33:49 PM »
I read somewhere, that psychologigal Depression is a necessary part, of the Old Soul's life. 

Maybe it could be also short times of Depression, during the day. For example 2 times 20 Minutes every day, in average.

Does the MT includes this Thesis, too? (The first sentence)

Greeting, jo

SomeOldSoul

• View Profile
Re: Is the Depression of the Old Soul something normal?
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2011, 12:11:59 AM »
Quote from: MfM (updated version) p79
"But how do you break away from that?" Emily broke in.  "How do you just slough off the whole (false personality)?"

WE WOULD AGREE WITH YOUR ALLUSION.  THE STRUCTURE OF FALSE PERSONALITY IS A FORMIDABLE ONE.  THE FIXED, RIGID PERSONALITY IS RATHER LIKE A MOUNTAIN OF GRANITE.  CHIPPING AWAY RELENTLESSLY IS THE SOLE SOLUTION.  DEPRESSION IS THE EXTERNAL MANIFESTATION OF THE INTERNAL STRUGGLE.  DEPRESSION, BY THE WAY, IS ONE OF THE ONLY NEUROTIC MANIFESTATIONS LEFT TO THE OLD SOUL.  EVEN JESUS FELT IT.  EACH OF YOU SPENT MANY YEARS BUILDING THIS FACADE.  DO YOU REALLY FEEL THAT YOU SHOULD BE ABLE TO DISCARD THIS QUITE CASUALLY WITH HARDLY A WHIMPER?  WE THINK NOT.  PROGRESS IS BEING MADE IN QUITE CONCRETE WAYS."

;D at the chipping and concrete pun.

As the Old Soul is generally the age most focused on erasing false personality, they are the most likely to experience the depression that is a result of the "chipping away" that it entails - let alone the other reasons in Phil's great writeup on Old Souls on the main website.

jk

• View Profile
Re: Is the Depression of the Old Soul something normal?
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2011, 11:50:51 AM »
I read somewhere, that psychologigal Depression is a necessary part, of the Old Soul's life. 

Maybe it could be also short times of Depression, during the day. For example 2 times 20 Minutes every day, in average.

Does the MT includes this Thesis, too? (The first sentence)

I don't think Depression is a necessary part of an Old Soul's life and no, Michael never said this. They said it is the only neurotic manifestation left to the Old Soul, i.e. they do not suffer from other psychological problems. I don't even know if I agree with that, I know couple of Old Souls, and they definitely have issues. They are not issues that need psychiatric treatment, but issues they are.
And 2x20 minutes a day is not terribly bad, but its quite a lot. The last time i felt depressed was last year March, for just a few hours.

Depression could have all sorts of causes, including what you eat, how you relate to yourself and others, how you express yourself, and I don't know what else. If its anything eating related, then that is easiest to try to test, by cutting out some most suspicious foods, like sugar, E numbers, wheat and anything else that is known to be problematic. It would be easier to try to cut one at a time.