Author Topic: Life Task/Life Plan  (Read 13127 times)

Doris

• View Profile
Life Task/Life Plan
« on: April 11, 2011, 08:53:10 AM »
Okay, what's the difference between the life task and life plan? Aren't they the same?

Doris   ???

John Roth

• Forum Support
    • View Profile
Re: Life Task/Life Plan
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2011, 05:03:44 AM »
The "life plan" is more comprehensive. It includes all the agreements about parenting agreements, karma, mating agreements and similar. A good astrologer can get in touch with part of it through your horoscope, although lots of details get changed when the plan meets reality.

The Life Task is something more specific, and usually isn't well started until the late 40s or early 50s. A Michael channel can discuss it with you, although they usually won't tell you what it is until you're well enough into it to be pretty certain yourself.

HTH

John Roth

Velleity

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2011, 05:43:33 AM »
Hmm. I've had a 'life task' channeled for me and I'm only 26. And it all made complete and perfect sense for where I am in my life at the moment. I'm sure it might change once I'm older and gain more experience, but it's definitely been very helpful as a way forward with this life crisis I've been having since age 20. I just had NO clue what on earth I was supposed to be doing or what essence had planned for this time around, was very stuck and depressed and needing some perspective.

So I don't know 'what exactly' was channeled for me, even though it was called a life task (and seems to be very resonant for me, spanning my entire life lived thus far). But I'm glad that I didn't have to wait until my 40's to get some very helpful knowledge and direction.

Dave

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Michael Teachings
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2011, 06:38:17 AM »
Hey Elisabeth,

As with anything, there are always exceptions to the rule.

In your case, it is possible that Michael gave you what you most needed to hear at the time. Receiving what is relevant to your current situation certainly wouldn't be uncommon for Michael. And with your goal of Flow, you probably don't have as much on your plate as some, so perhaps your life task was easier to define even at your younger age. I'm just speculating, of course, but those were the first ideas that popped into my head.

Did you show me your life task in the past? I'm drawing a blank and feeling embarrassed that I've forgotten. If you'd like to share, send me an email at gmail.

Best,
Dave  8)
« Last Edit: April 13, 2011, 08:50:50 AM by Dave Gregg »

GerardS

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2011, 09:42:17 PM »
I am 57yrs young  ;D and am a new student still struggling to understand what is my Life Task? I have been blessed with two beautiful sons, but other then that went through a midlife change and still recovering emotionally, mentally and physically. I have somewhere down the line after raising a family, lost my sense of purpose or life task. That's how became familiar with these teachings through discussions with a dear friend. Through my own observations and trying to be objective I am an artisan, mid-mature soul, my goal is reevaluation/flow, my mode is reserved with a stoic attitude, my center is intellectual moving to emotional with my chief feature as arrogance. I am in the process of trying to validate, but am searching for my true life task. How do I go about this and how can I become more aware of my past lives, karma and true personality in order to gain clarity of my Life Task/Life Plan? confused and thank you for your advise

Dave

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Michael Teachings
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2011, 07:17:49 AM »
Hi Gerard,

You could, of course, have all of this information channeled for you. It would still need to be personally validated to gauge its applicability, but that would be a good start. Beyond that, you could become more sensitive to those nagging yearnings that won't seem to go away. Observe your impulses and any compulsions that make you wonder: "Now why on earth do I feel compelled to explore that?" Personal interests often reveal shadows from past lives, and inner yearnings may reveal parts of your life task. Though, it may not be that definable. My major life task, for example, is to discard parts of self that no longer fit for me -- I'm like Humpty Dumpty putting myself back together again. This, no doubt, is something that mostly occurs on a subconscious level. So as I said before, it's not easily definable. I just hope I don't have an awful egg smell. ;-) 

Best,
Dave