Poll

Which of the following best describes what you eat?

No special diet
5 (50%)
Vegetarian or Pescaterian
2 (20%)
Vegan
0 (0%)
Raw Food
0 (0%)
Other
3 (30%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Author Topic: What is your diet?  (Read 12480 times)

jk

• View Profile
What is your diet?
« on: September 19, 2011, 04:32:52 PM »
Hi everyone  :D

I would be interested to know what an average Michael student eats. It comes up in Michaelite discussions every now and then - so I would like to see some stats

oceanemotion

• View Profile
Re: What is your diet?
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2011, 05:33:40 PM »
I don't have any special diet, I eat whatever I feel like eating and desire..I enjoy a wide variety of foods, but love my meat too much to be a vegetarian/vegan...+ I have tried to be vegetarian before and ended up severely anemic..

Betty

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2011, 05:36:33 PM »
No special diet.  I like a variety of foods.  Anything from a PB&J to a full course dinner and everything in between.  I especially like Mexican, Chinese, and American.  Not crazy about seafood.

Elisa

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2011, 11:14:21 AM »
I'm currently trying a Weston A. Price Foundation (WAPF) diet.  It has a focus on traditional foods and avoiding antinutrients, but less restrictive than Paleo.  What's your diet, jk? 

jk

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2011, 02:15:56 PM »
Pescaterian would describe it, Elisa. I also avoid dairy and eggs but not strictly and only eat small amount of fish/seafood.

I have only recently heard of paleo (on a macrobiotics forum), but not yet of WAPF.

The poll only allows a limited number of options, it it were not so, I would have included some other options too.

Those of you who select "Other", what is that Other?

Chiara DB

• Forum Support
  • Love all, trust a few. Harm none.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2011, 02:47:28 AM »
I'm one of the people who picked "other." As I mentioned on a different thread, I have been vegetarian, vegan, and pescatarian at various times in my life, because I wished not to participate in the inhumane factory farming system. Over the years I've learned that I don't do well without at least some meat and dairy in my diet. So now I lean toward minimizing my consumption of animal products, and do my best to choose humanely-produced ones when I do choose them.

John Roth

• Forum Support
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2011, 01:28:25 PM »
I'm on the see-food diet. See food, eat food. ;D

Hm. That works better spoken than printed.

Elisa

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2011, 01:45:26 PM »
Definitely with with you on the humanely-produced animal products, Chiara.  I buy certified organic or at least free-range meat, eggs and dairy wherever I can.  I was vegetarian or almost, for much of my life, so meat is very much "animal" to me, not just a random packaged foodstuff. 

SomeOldSoul

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2011, 03:36:09 PM »
Aside from not eating red meat, no special diet.

Dave

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Michael Teachings
« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2011, 08:16:37 AM »
I'm mostly vegetarian but I don't derive the health benefits due to my addiction to cheese and ice cream. I am my own worst enemy, I'm afraid. But I do whole heartedly believe the scientific studies that show a diet heavily based on vegetables and fruits is the ultimate cure for heart disease and many forms of cancer. The American diet is making most of us sick.

Dave

Chiara DB

• Forum Support
  • Love all, trust a few. Harm none.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2011, 07:15:16 PM »
Definitely with with you on the humanely-produced animal products, Chiara.  I buy certified organic or at least free-range meat, eggs and dairy wherever I can.  I was vegetarian or almost, for much of my life, so meat is very much "animal" to me, not just a random packaged foodstuff.

Elisa, me too. At this point I am constantly aware of where (who) this stuff comes from.