Author Topic: Self-Destruction  (Read 13331 times)

Jondalf

• Banned
  • "deeds cannot dream what dreams can do" - ee cummi
    • View Profile
    • Letters To My Future Selves
Self-Destruction
« on: April 18, 2011, 05:29:50 PM »
Manifests as:   Alcoholism, drug addiction, sex addiction, risky behavior, thrill-seeking, pugnaciousness, belligerence, masochism, self-loathing, self-sacrifice (Martyrdom - Pos. Pole), burn-out (Immolation - Neg. Pole), religious zealotry, sloth, gluttony, abnegation of personal responsibility,
ignorance etc. etc. - basically any weird-ass, convoluted way of ending an incarnation - fast or slow, no matter - will do.  A very insidious Chief-Feature that creeps up when you least expect it, especially when you think you have overcome it in all its varied guises.

John Roth

• Forum Support
    • View Profile
Re: Self-Destruction
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2011, 02:10:37 AM »
i think i can agree with this, especially insidous. If it should be true, that I have/had this feature. Symptomes was there. But I don't understand, why it's about the fear of losing control. Fear of loosing control about your "managing" of life and therefore, do not accomplish, what you want to in a lifetime?
I also read, that Self-Destruction reacts to stress with the false belief, that life isn't worth living and therefore you destroy yourself. So it's a way of justifying (for yourself), that you don't wanna deal with the stressy parts of your life?
And therefore, you could think, life is not worth living, because it's existencially stupid. (Just because you decide, that it is)
Don't know ??? I would have to think about this again, but not now  :)

Greeting, Raoul  :)

Jose Stevens' book, Transforming Your Dragons, is the most recommended text on the chief features. It's still in print and available from the usual suspects.

jo

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2011, 03:37:23 PM »
Thanks. Maybe I'm gonna take a look at it, from time to time.

Greeting, jo
« Last Edit: November 18, 2011, 07:38:13 PM by jo »

Chiara DB

• Forum Support
  • Love all, trust a few. Harm none.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2011, 06:27:31 PM »
I second the recommendation. In fact, I highly recommend all Jose Stevens' books. I find them the most useful and practical handbooks out there to using Michael in your every day life and thus making your life better, more whole, integrated, happy, and aligned with essence. And in my opinion, that's the actual point of the MT, not the speculating about aliens, etc. that many seem to do in tenuous connection to it.

jo

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2012, 08:00:48 AM »
I read somewhere about the negative resoucefullness of it. And that´s truly heavy. Just saw everything clearly and in a good way. And now all the strange ideas and thoughts come back. But it´s nice to have seen everything in the right way for a short time. It´s really insidious.

jo

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2012, 08:04:45 AM »
Also it somehow suggests you, that whatever you do, is strange and weird, no matter how normal it is. At least it can make you feel so, about anything.

jo

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2012, 08:35:45 AM »
I meant whatever you express.