Author Topic: he said i didn't have one  (Read 13867 times)

doodeedoo

• View Profile
Re: he said i didn't have one
« Reply #15 on: May 18, 2011, 01:32:55 AM »
When I read about the alone feeling, my first thought was - who doesn't? And like you say yourself, I think its from the alienated culture. We are constantly being scared into compliance. Since very early childhood. Trust levels and heart openness is low.
Recently I came across an idea I really liked. Apparently Toltecs used to greet themselves with a phrase that meant "you are my other me". I think if we all encouraged ourselves to think like that, it would help with this. It would also help with growth, since others are constantly holding up mirrors to us.

yeh... i duno about that saying. on one hand it is okay. on the other hand... people are separate. yeh... i don't think there's a person who doesn't know what it is to feel alone. it was just my feeling. whateva

jk

• View Profile
Re: he said i didn't have one
« Reply #16 on: May 18, 2011, 09:37:14 AM »
The only problem with that, as I and many others have learned, is that it must be reciprocal.  Otherwise, you are just setting yourself up to be taken advantage of.  Unfortunate, but true, at least in the world as it is today.
It does not have to be reciprocal. And it does not equal letting people take advantage either.