Author Topic: Post Count Groups  (Read 6860 times)

Dave

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Michael Teachings
Post Count Groups
« on: May 14, 2011, 09:30:33 PM »
As you probably know, this forum software categorizes members by post counts. It's a trivial thing, I know, but at the same time it's kind of fun to graduate to a new level based on how much you have contributed to the forum.

Here's the breakdown:

• New Member -- 0
  • Jr. Member -- 50
  • Full Member -- 100
  • Sr. Member -- 250
  • Honored Member -- 500
  • Distinguished Member -- 750

I'm trying to decide on a good designation for members that reach 1000 posts (a major feat).

Exalted Member?
Transcendent Member?
Quintessential Member?
Preeminent Member?

Dave

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Michael Teachings
Re: Post Count Groups
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2011, 09:46:12 PM »
Oh, and before someone jumps in and complains that this is just a hierarchy or class system, let me unequivocally state that it is not. The post count designations are really about thanking people. Anyone who reaches 500 posts on this forum SHOULD be considered an honored member, for they have greatly enriched the community with their contributions. That's the direction I'm going with this.

Best,
Dave
« Last Edit: May 23, 2011, 10:39:37 PM by Dave »

MeliaNamaste

• View Profile
Re: Post Count Groups
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2011, 03:04:54 PM »
Thanks, Dave for the clarity of this reply and thanks to Juliand for asking the question - you just moved a bit faster than I as I was scratching my head about it. As a model for understanding our world and particularly our relationships, the Michael Teachings are among the best, in my opinion.