The Seven Roles > Priest

Goading

(1/5) > >>

SomeOldSoul:
It has been said that Priests help others by helping or goading others to self-examination.

For other Priests: How do you view and/or use goading?

For non-Priests: Have you been on the receiving end of their goading?  What are your ideas about it?

---

For me, I find it's a great tool when someone's stonewalling and not acknowledging their feelings or insights.  I'm sneaky enough with it that it usually catches someone off-guard, and their response (while potentially volatile) can often start a whole new line of investigation.  I used to be more brazen with it in my younger days, but regard it as a much more situational (and powerful) tool the older I get.  Namely, because through experience and the teachings I've discovered that most others dislike the Priestly pace of growth/lessons/etc. that I prefer.  Which is fine - I'll be here when you're ready.   :)

Chiara DB:
I just have to laugh at this post, being married to a Priest, whom I publicly referred to during our wedding vows as "my goad."

My thoughts about -- it sure is annoying, but you guys are usually right on some level. Damn you Priests!! ;)

I think you're right on the money that most people aren't in harmony with the pace of growth that Priests would like to see. My Priesty sure had to find that out the hard way.

Mike42:
  My theory is if I am sneaky enough the other person will think they thought up the whole goading episode.  All I have to do is ask dumb questions like I am trying to understand and then let the other person figure it out for themselves.  This is only true when I have not moved into zeal which I have to watch out for.
Mike42

(A 2nd level old priest)

doodeedoo:

--- Quote from: Mike42 on May 20, 2011, 04:35:19 PM ---  My theory is if I am sneaky enough the other person will think they thought up the whole goading episode.  All I have to do is ask dumb questions like I am trying to understand and then let the other person figure it out for themselves.  This is only true when I have not moved into zeal which I have to watch out for.
Mike42

(A 2nd level old priest)

--- End quote ---

:D that makes a good tip

jk:
Hmm, I don't know, I am an Artisan, and I do this kind of stuff too (when I think there is any point to it). I think to assign it to just Priests is inaccurate. I do not have Priest ET nor Casting, but I do have incarnate Priest TC and I am from no 6 Entity. No other priestliness I know of.

I wish other people did it more to me, because the other person can always see your problem points better than you can yourself.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version