Author Topic: thinking too complicated  (Read 5411 times)

jo

• View Profile
thinking too complicated
« on: October 15, 2011, 05:47:23 PM »
Could it be, that this is a problem, at times, to artisans in general? Saw it sometimes in other people and myself, too.
So if you want to understand something, you can't understand it, because of you are thinking too complicated.
And then, after a while, you look at it again, maybe someone else try's to explain it to you. And then you realize, how simple it is.

Greeting, jo

John Roth

• Forum Support
    • View Profile
Re: thinking too complicated
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2011, 02:59:52 AM »
Could it be, that this is a problem, at times, to artisans in general? Saw it sometimes in other people and myself, too.
So if you want to understand something, you can't understand it, because of you are thinking too complicated.
And then, after a while, you look at it again, maybe someone else try's to explain it to you. And then you realize, how simple it is.

Greeting, jo

That sounds more like a goal of Growth. The negative pole is confusion, and the positive pole of the opposite overleaf is simplicity, which one passes through on the way to the positive pole of Growth, which is evolution.

It's also a fairly standard experience for most people. It's the basis of the rather common advice that, when you're confused, put whatever it is aside for a while and come back to it later. That's why, in classes, for example, I'll read the text three times, at one week intervals. Or when I'm writing something, I'll put it aside and come back to it later to read it and see what needs to be improved.

John Roth