4 (17.4%)
Sage
5 (21.7%)
Priest
2 (8.7%)
King
4 (17.4%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Author Topic: POLL: What is Your Role?  (Read 14337 times)

Dave

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Michael Teachings
POLL: What is Your Role?
« on: April 18, 2011, 09:32:08 AM »
In the interest of discovering the percentages of roles that visit this forum, here's a quick poll.

Have fun!

Best,
Dave
« Last Edit: April 18, 2011, 10:09:09 PM by Dave Gregg »

Chiara DB

• Forum Support
  • Love all, trust a few. Harm none.
    • View Profile
Re: POLL: What is Your Role?
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2011, 02:36:06 AM »
So far, we appear to be King-heavy.

Dave

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Michael Teachings
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2011, 08:55:49 AM »
That explains the air of nobility that authoritatively wafts through this board. Though, I remember a past life where it was like that at the Tower of London just before my execution. That wasn't a good day. ;-) 

Best,
Dave

Chiara DB

• Forum Support
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2011, 09:57:28 AM »
Were you Anne Boleyn, by chance, or some other poor sucker? The Tower of London is a super-creepy place to visit...

Betty

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2011, 05:16:03 PM »
which is unusual, I think

Wayne

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2011, 07:48:52 AM »
Why aren't people voting? I would like to see a better spread.

jk

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2011, 07:56:37 AM »
Though, I remember a past life where it was like that at the Tower of London just before my execution. That wasn't a good day. ;-) 
Brrr, I had a dream twice about my own execution. Each was different, but equally horrid and so life like that i wonder if it was a recall.

Betty

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2011, 01:54:38 PM »
Wow, this poll is really skewed from the general public.  Servers are the most common, but in here, I'm the only one.  And what's with so many kings?

Dave

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Michael Teachings
« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2011, 08:06:13 PM »
Wow, this poll is really skewed from the general public.  Servers are the most common, but in here, I'm the only one.  And what's with so many kings?

We've taken polls on the discussion lists before, and Servers were always in smaller numbers. In general, I don't think Servers are as attracted to public forums as the other roles are; they're too busy working behind the scenes and helping others. There are always exceptions, of course, but the poll results tend to look this way.

In the past, the most involved roles in these community forums were Scholars, Sages, and Priests. Artisans and Warriors came next, along with a handful of Kings and finally, Servers. There may have been more Servers present, but they rarely posted anything.

Best,
Dave

Velleity

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2011, 10:29:12 PM »
The 'forum' template is much easier for me to participate in, truthfully. It's all here and solid, easily navigable, and not so divided up into constantly-streaming topics. I can find things I want to find.

On an enneagram forum I was on for a while, it seemed to be very scholar and artisan heavy with aggressive warrior influences, and the few louder sages/priests. So I felt that I stuck out like a sore thumb. A lot of intellectual arrogance and cynicism going on in that place though ("probably isn't, you're not, this is not, because I said so, clearly, you're all idiots"). Pretty hazardous place for one's sanity.  :P

Dave

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Michael Teachings
« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2011, 04:20:52 AM »
The 'forum' template is much easier for me to participate in, truthfully. It's all here and solid, easily navigable, and not so divided up into constantly-streaming topics. I can find things I want to find.

On an enneagram forum I was on for a while, it seemed to be very scholar and artisan heavy with aggressive warrior influences, and the few louder sages/priests. So I felt that I stuck out like a sore thumb. A lot of intellectual arrogance and cynicism going on in that place though ("probably isn't, you're not, this is not, because I said so, clearly, you're all idiots"). Pretty hazardous place for one's sanity.  :P

Ha! Clearly you were at the world's most dangerous forum and lived to tell about it. I wonder if there are forums so bad that you're actually traumatized after visiting?   :o

This forum, of course, is a place for quiet contemplation. Although all aggressive Warriors will be dangled by their thumbs. ;D

Best,
Dave
« Last Edit: May 14, 2011, 06:51:55 AM by Dave »

Chiara DB

• Forum Support
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2011, 05:41:16 AM »
Although all aggressive Warriors will be dangled by their thumbs.

I don't know, I think they might actually like that...calms them down after a long hard day of aggressing  :D

Velleity

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2011, 07:19:40 AM »
I wonder if there are forums so bad that you're actually traumatized after visiting?

Oh yes, there are. I actually was mildly traumatized by it, going through a vulnerable part in my life. Took me a while to stay away for good though, because there was so much interesting information to be had from it... but when interacting, the negative energy on it was so palpable (from older members usually), it changed your mood considerably after spending more than 5 minutes conversing. Some online friends I made from it (sane ones) agreed that it was very toxic/poisonous and exponentially bred negativity in oneself within minutes. There was little point to life in spending any more time there.

jk

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2011, 07:25:37 PM »
I think people with Exchange at a high place within their Needs would be more active on any forums than others. Plus Sages and Artisans want to express themselves normally anyway.

Dave

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Michael Teachings
« Reply #14 on: May 14, 2011, 08:35:07 PM »
Yes, needs like exchange, expression, and communion would factor into the equation, too.

Best,
Dave