Author Topic: What it's like to be a (fill in the role)....  (Read 21650 times)

Velleity

• View Profile
Re: What it's like to be a (fill in the role)....
« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2011, 12:33:21 AM »
I'm like that too in office-art-stationery supply warehouses... pens, pencils, paper, paints, notebooks... going back to school was always enormously exciting. ;)

mtscholar, do you also have a sort of fetish for library bound books? Or is that more of an artisan thing? (the colors are amazing) I think they're one of my favorite things in the world. sigh. I'd love to learn how to bind books like that some day, and be on book repair duties in a library. Does your love of libraries have to do with all the information at your disposal and being left alone with it all? I have scholar casting so I can relate some but I love libraries more for the fact that they're filled with books and that I see myself as being a good possible 'caretaker' for them, being in charge, knowing where they go, shelving them properly, the sense of being surrounded by 'friends', seeing that those friends have homes... 

I've never worked in a library but I'd love to someday, in a small one. My mum works at one in a dance and drama school. Has a great collection and I always like visiting her, feasting over all the art books.

mtscholar

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 21, 2011, 12:04:40 AM »
I love books, but above all I love information. When I entered the profession in the early 90s, the Internet was just coming into public awareness, and I plunged into the world of computers headlong, and since that time have been a technogeek. Nowadays that's pretty much a requirement in my field anyway. My partner got us each a Kindle a while back, and I've enjoyed reading books on that platform.

Having said all of that, I don't find reading on the Kindle quite as satisfying as reading a book. A book's font type and size, cover, and general layout individuate that book in a physical way. Books on the Kindle tend to all have the same look and feel, so something is lost, at least to me.

mtscholar

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 14, 2011, 05:20:33 PM »
I was just thinking about this thread today, and lo and behold, you've added to it. Raoul, as a Sage, do you find you sometimes "turn" a gathering of people into an audience? My brother is a Sage, and used to do that a lot when he was younger. Not as much anymore, for whatever reason.

Betty

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 26, 2011, 02:27:39 AM »
I just had my profile redone, and it turns out I'm not a Server at all.  I'm a King-cast Sage.  This actually fits me much better than the server role.  And it explains why so many characteristics of a server did not fit me.  Go figure.

Betty

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 26, 2011, 06:00:19 PM »
My name? 

No I don't have self-dep.  My primary CF is arrogance, my secondary is stubbornness. 

I thought I was a server, too (probably because of cultural imprinting), but so many of the things didn't fit me that I had a difficult time with it.  However, the sage role (the steadier type, not the "in front of an audience" type) fits me very well.

My cadre/entity is 2/5.  My ET is artisan.  My TC is a warrior.

Betty

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 26, 2011, 09:12:53 PM »
btw, Betty is my real name; it's not a nickname.   ;)

oceanemotion

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 17, 2011, 06:14:48 AM »
I'm an Artisan with a discarnate Sage ET....my thoughts go all over the place...often I hear a song in my head and my mind is building a mental picture related to that song at the same time....suddenly I might think of Cleopatra and ancient egypt and next thing is, what would I love to have for lunch today...then hmm I should call Charles to know what it's like to be a new dad.. then hmm I wanna read something interesting...

In short, they are all over the place. People around me, especially my hubby and best friend are often amazed at the speed my mind goes from subject A to subject B and subject Z...Lol! An image of a purple quilt with MOTHER TERESA on top of it just flashed through my mind.

Am I crazy?
 ;D

Betty

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 17, 2011, 07:04:20 PM »
I'm an Artisan with a discarnate Sage ET....

Interesting....I'm a Sage with a discarnate Aratisan ET.

jk

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 20, 2011, 11:05:21 PM »
Actually I have noticed that a lot of the time I am sort of singing in my head. Sometimes its more like an automatic rhythm, than singing. Sometimes I even mentally sing what i need to do :D

Betty, about the re-done profile - Troy has channeled that we have multiple sets of Overleaves - Private, Public and True. So this kinda complicates the matter and in this sense both Sage and Server may be true for you in different ways, or not, of course there is also a possibility of incorrect channeling.

Betty

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 21, 2011, 12:53:24 AM »
No,that's not it. 

I'm a Sage.

Betty

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 21, 2011, 12:55:29 AM »
What brought that up, anyway?

jk

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 21, 2011, 05:41:53 PM »
Nothing at all Betty, and I am not telling you what you are. Just mentioning the concept. You have mentioned conditioning in connection with the Server Role, so I am just saying that perhaps that could be a public Overleaf. Not saying it is.