Author Topic: Basic Michael Books  (Read 12335 times)

Chiara DB

• Forum Support
  • Love all, trust a few. Harm none.
    • View Profile
Basic Michael Books
« on: April 19, 2011, 02:47:48 AM »
If I were going to recommend the basic Michael books to have, I would most definitely start with the Tao to Earth and Earth To Tao books by Jose Stevens. I've had mine so long and read them so many times they are literally falling apart at the seams, but I still get some new understanding out of them every time I read them.

For something much different in organization, but very packed with information, I would also recommend Shepherd Hoodwin's The Journey of Your Soul. It's mostly written from Shepherd's perspective with some channeled sections here and there, and this dual-perspective gives huge amounts of useful information about the teachings. There are even some bonus comedy sections at the end -- I'll never forget the old soul hot tub!

Those two together give a pretty good grounding in the teachings.

And as a bonus, a great book that is less about learning the system and more of a how-to manual for living a better life Michael-style is Searching for Light by Carol Heideman. Absolutely love this book, particularly the visualization Michael gives of what our world will be like in the future. Just wonderful.

Dave

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Michael Teachings
Re: Basic Michael Books
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2011, 04:45:44 AM »
I've never read Carol's book but I know a friend who has it, some perhaps I'll snag her copy when she's not looking. Darn those crafty Artisans.

Could you give an overview of what Michael saw in the future? I'm assuming they were dealing with probabilities, since predictions don't jive with them.

Best,
Dave

Chiara DB

• Forum Support
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2011, 04:50:17 AM »
You're right, it wasn't a prediction - it was a visualization of what a future Earth could be like if everyone chose growth through joy instead of growth through pain. Think: aging much more slowly, being able to visually see people's feelings in their aura so you don't have to wonder about what their intentions are, no pollution, and doctors prescribing vacations instead of drugs.

ETA: Yeah, I see I said what our world WILL be like in my original post. I should have said what our world COULD be like.

Chiara DB

• Forum Support
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2011, 09:59:07 AM »
And how could I forget The Michael Handbook by Jose Stevens? Invaluable!

Drury

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2011, 03:13:54 PM »
Thanks for book recommendations, here and on the thread I started.  Since I'm so interested in the Michael Teachings, I think I better buy some books.   :)

stefan

« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2011, 06:30:38 PM »
Varda Hasselmann is a German channel and has now about a dozen books written. One has been translated into English: "Archetyps of the soul". Highly recommended! She started the beginning of 1980s with channeling and holds seminars every year. In her other books, she often published channelings who was made ??for seminar participants. An further interesting source.

Drury

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2011, 07:28:22 PM »
Hearing about a book with the word "archetype" in the title is the same as showing chocolate lovers a hot fudge sundae.   :D  It's now on my list of books to buy.

I just finished reading Compass of the Soul: Archetypal Guides to a Fuller Life, by John L. Giannini.  It's based on Myers-Briggs, which he divides into NT, NF, ST, SF and makes a case at length - 450 pages! - for the two middle letters being archetypcal in nature.

I enjoy comparing the various personality methods with each other, seeing where there's a correlation or where no comparison is possible.  The MT is the only method so far that has me looking seriously at my thoughts/behavior/spiritual state.

Jondalf

• Banned
  • "deeds cannot dream what dreams can do" - ee cummi
    • View Profile
    • Letters To My Future Selves
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2011, 06:25:15 AM »
The 'Original' Basics:

"Messages From Michael", by Chelsea Quinn Yarbro (for Twitter fans, and MT posters aka: MFM)

"More Messages From Michael", ibid (aka: MMFM)

"Michael's People", ibid (aka: MP - long hard to find, proposed publication of second edition mass paper generally coincided with The Michael's release of info. about "Operation Northwoods", a Nixon plot to nuke Detroit and blame it on the USSR - TRUE STORY.  NSA threatened all "Michael's People" with rendition to Iran for treason/release of classified information.  The essential nature of the Teachings was changed forever.)

Jondalf

• Banned
  • "deeds cannot dream what dreams can do" - ee cummi
    • View Profile
    • Letters To My Future Selves
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2011, 06:33:15 AM »
Can't forget:

"Michael On The Millennium", by Chelsea Quinn Yarbro  (aka: MOTM)

"The Michael Game", by 'The Michael Digest Group' (aka: TMG)

mtscholar

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2011, 04:54:18 PM »
Is the Detroit story, and the Michael connection thereto, really really true???? I have a copy of Michael's People, and in fact re-read most of it recently. In what ways did it change the Teaching? I am way curious.

John Roth

• Forum Support
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2011, 08:17:31 AM »
Is the Detroit story, and the Michael connection thereto, really really true???? I have a copy of Michael's People, and in fact re-read most of it recently. In what ways did it change the Teaching? I am way curious.

I've never heard that one, and I don't believe it for a number of reasons.

I'm not at all surprised that there are rumors like that in the vicinity of every war-hawk president. After all, in the way some psychopaths reason, if it worked for Pearl Harbor, why won't it work again? That doesn't mean that anyone with two brain cells more than God gave a gerbil would be serious about knocking out part of America's industrial base before heading into a second war while Vietnam was still going on.

John Roth

Dave

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Michael Teachings
« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2011, 09:11:32 PM »
I don't believe it, either. The Michael books are not fear-based.

Best,
Dave

MeliaNamaste

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2011, 12:26:47 PM »
My introduction to the Michael teachings came in Joya Pope's excellent book 'The World According to Michael'. Dunno if it is still in print, but it focuses on the basic concepts of soul ages, roles, overleaves, etc. without the narrative. I later met Joya in the late 80's and was deeply impressed by her ability to channel the Michael entity and it was she who identified my profile which still sings for me today.