Author Topic: Page Numbers  (Read 6558 times)

Betty

• View Profile
Page Numbers
« on: May 01, 2011, 12:52:49 AM »
Is there any way you can put the page numbers at the top as well as at the bottom?  Also, I think the "like" or "dislike" button is a very good idea.

Betty

• View Profile
Re: Page Numbers
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2011, 02:04:40 AM »
Never mind about the page numbers; I see where it's already done.   ::)

Drury

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2011, 05:43:44 PM »
I'd like to weigh in on the side of not having "like" and "dislike" buttons.  If this site is here for teaching and sharing purposes, it would add an unnecessary discordant note to be able to negatively judge posts with the push of a button, rather than quietly informing Dave if a post steps over a line.

Edit:  I just realized, if the buttons are meant to judge threads as a whole rather than posts or individuals, I still feel the same.  Everyone has a different opinion as to what is interesting or important, and I don't see any need to sit in judgment with the push of a button rather than just not posting on the thread or talking to the person.

« Last Edit: May 01, 2011, 05:51:08 PM by Drury »

Dave

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Michael Teachings
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2011, 05:57:41 PM »
My aversion to "like" buttons is the tendency to create popularity contests, as well as the previously mentioned ability to cast judgment on certain posts, which is in direct opposition with the goals of this forum.

Best,
Dave

Betty

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2011, 07:38:45 PM »
Good point, Drury.  I hadn't thought of that, but I see where it could easily happen.