Bodytypes > Bodytypes

Body types and Centering

(1/3) > >>

Velleity:

So, my main two body types are active, Mercurial and Saturnine (with a bit of Venusian) but it's paired with emotional centering/intellectual part.

Which seems rather abrading. lol.

Sometimes I'm scared to be more active and moving because when I do I just move so fast due to the built up energy. Otherwise, I am more inclined to sitting in a chair for hours while my mind/emotions are going a mile a minute (very active).

It made me think I was a bit bipolar more than a few times because I just feel pretty manic and able to do a LOT when I really get going and really tend to go back and forth between positive action and negative action energy (sat. and merc. respectively), but also get a lot of racing thoughts and my brain often feels constantly abuzz with activity due to not being very moving centered. I do walk everywhere (and rather compactly, with determination), but am thinking, would it be more beneficial if I actually did some aerobic exercising? (yes probably). I used to do track in high school but really hated running for the sake of running. I think I'm much better off doing things like swing dancing or rollerblading... something more fun and engaging.

But I just noticed that combination the other day, of very active body types paired with a not very physically active centers, and realized that it possibly contributes a lot to my often overheated brain and nervous energy. A friend said once that I was like a bottle of shaken up soda always ready to pop but somehow staying contained.

Coupled with king energy and other influences and I just can get to feeling really pent up inside without others really realizing. Wound up and alert but on the outside merely like a rumbling volcano (gentle but serious, yet fun and "on"). I definitely am a total mixture of mercurial and saturnine though. It's a bit weird seeing it all.

Do your guys' body combos abrade with your centers? Or are they a bit more in tune?
I don't really mind my combination too much, just thought it was interesting to notice.

jk:
From my own experience, other overleaves can abrade too in this or similar respect (physical activity). I have a goal of Rest and CFs of Impatience and Stubbornness. I have done my knee and elbow joints in, in a quite young age with excessive sports that were apparently not suitable for my genetic disposition. I should do something like swimming, but i find it boring. i want to dance, do martial arts, snowboarding etc.

I have not had my bodytype channeled, but I think the strongest is Mercurial. Intellectual centre, emo part, so not entirely dissimilar to yours.
Do you have other overleaves that could be manifesting in what you are describing and provide more insight?
Also the overheated brain - for my part, I have figured out it's upto me to calm it down with meditation of some sort.

Velleity:
Hmm.

Flow, passion, realist, arrogance. 6th level mature, frequency of 47...
6th level + passion + emotional centering + mercurial can get me in a few storms I guess.

When I do decide to get off my butt and do things, people usually call me a dynamo.

I also did quite a bit of sports and was very active when younger (like you), though I think my body was built pretty well for it, especially for sprinting and jumping, except that I hated constant exercise and maintaining that sort of thing. Plodding, jogging. Got shin splints. And it got tiresome (yeah, because it was boring too heh). But man I love swing dancing, it seems perfect for a Mercurial body (with passion and emotional centering too). Love skiing too, probably because it's fast.

It is quite an insight to realize that Mercurial energy gets 'wound up' though... I don't feel quite so badly for getting a lot of nervous energy, but like you I've had to learn that it's important to take some time out to properly rest my mind. I don't do meditation per se, but I do tarot and play the piano. Took a while to see that I wouldn't die if I stopped thinking. Even when I thought I "wasn't being active" (i.e. moving around), I still was way more active than other people around me, even if only in my head. Getting my wisdom teeth taken out, it was quite painful to be in bed and unable to think well or read... I tried to get up right away and do things and it resulted in a bit of nausea. It's always surprising when I'm sick, because I never think that I move around as much as I do as I'm so used to my emo/intellectual centering doing all the work. But I do bustle around quite a bit even though I'm not moving centered.

Then there's famous mantra from others... "don't over do it now"... which of course, I still do occasionally (thinking I'm stronger and more enduring than I am and can lift more boxes up hills than I can). I don't like people telling me that I'm too small and can't take on things. ;) It's a hard truth that I'm not always adept at lifting heavy objects. Even though my saturnine side really enjoys weight lifting...

Dave:

--- Quote from: Elisabeth on May 17, 2011, 11:14:53 PM ---Flow, passion, realist, arrogance. 6th level mature, frequency of 47...
6th level + passion + emotional centering + mercurial can get me in a few storms I guess.

When I do decide to get off my butt and do things, people usually call me a dynamo.

I also did quite a bit of sports and was very active when younger (like you), though I think my body was built pretty well for it, especially for sprinting and jumping, except that I hated constant exercise and maintaining that sort of thing. Plodding, jogging. Got shin splints. And it got tiresome (yeah, because it was boring too heh). But man I love swing dancing, it seems perfect for a Mercurial body (with passion and emotional centering too). Love skiing too, probably because it's fast.
Even though my saturnine side really enjoys weight lifting...

--- End quote ---

I'm getting exhausted just reading about this dynamism. :P Swing dancing is fun to watch, though. I played in a swing band in LA once a week, and during the last set young people would arrive and tear up the floor. They had learned even the most difficult steps and routines. It was like stepping back in time.

With my venusian bodytype, however, I'm just a fat lapdog after dinner. And as I always like to say, the only way you'll track any movement from me is if you use time-lapse photography.  ;)

Ok, maybe I'm not that bad.

jk:
So you have the same goal as me too, Elisabeth, since Flow is another name for Rest. Have you had any past life information, as a matter of interest? I was told I had many difficult past lives and decides to give myself a break this time - hence Rest, Pragmatism and Caution.
I can now see I need to rest both my body and my mind. Often I have to consciously make myself to do this. As I get older I get better at identifying when I need this. I was pretty good at resting when I was a teenager, but once I had kids, there were constant demands on me, and then it gets challenging to rest and find ways to rest and balance it with these demands.
I do Tarot and play piano too. Piano can be a good way to relax your mind. Indeed, we don't die when we stop thinking, quite the opposite - its good for us.
I can partly identify with what you are describing. I am happy to rest a LOT. But when i do "do" something, I can get a lot done.

Lol, Dave at time-lapse photography.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version