Author Topic: Magnetic Kings  (Read 21348 times)

Betty

• View Profile
Re: Magnetic Kings
« Reply #15 on: August 23, 2011, 06:22:48 PM »
It does say that because ALL of us eventually crave reunion, it follows that we will eventually find our magnetic King.

Not sure exactly what that means....think it's talking about reuniting.

Chiara DB

• Forum Support
  • Love all, trust a few. Harm none.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 23, 2011, 06:24:56 PM »
BYOB! 8)

Betty

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 23, 2011, 06:56:16 PM »
lol

after I posted, I started thinking....who says you can't have fun doing your thing...and....a good party does sound like fun   :D

jo

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 23, 2011, 07:12:29 PM »
Build your own blocks? System of a Down? ???
What does that mean? (BYOB)

Chiara DB

• Forum Support
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 23, 2011, 10:46:22 PM »
jo, BYOB means "bring your own bottle"  - it's said when people are having a party and they want everyone to provide their own alcoholic beverages :)

Betty

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 25, 2011, 06:08:47 PM »
I wonder if there's a soul age and level that all the fragments have to be in order to participate in a magnetic kingdom.  Or maybe a soul age/level range?  Anybody know?

John Roth

• Forum Support
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 27, 2011, 06:18:48 PM »
I wonder if there's a soul age and level that all the fragments have to be in order to participate in a magnetic kingdom.  Or maybe a soul age/level range?  Anybody know?

I doubt if there's any hard and fast rule. Members of a kingdom probably have to have spent enough lifetimes with the King to make it worth while spending a lifetime together, so I'd think they'd mostly be old, possibly some late mature.

Elisa

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 28, 2011, 02:15:40 PM »
The thing that I strikes me as odd about "reunion" is that it's only a reunion from the soul's perspective.  Personality doesn't remember all those folk from past lives.  So what's the theme of the project as personality sees it? 

Chiara DB

• Forum Support
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 29, 2011, 07:19:07 AM »
Excellent question, Elisa. That sums up some of why the concept doesn't really resonate with me. It would be nice to have a more detailed description from Michael on this topic.

Betty

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 29, 2011, 12:35:10 PM »
The thing that I strikes me as odd about "reunion" is that it's only a reunion from the soul's perspective.  Personality doesn't remember all those folk from past lives.  So what's the theme of the project as personality sees it?

That could be said of all of the themes.  In fact, it could be said of task companions, too.  How many people remember their task companions from past lives?  Yet they work together.

(For that matter, how many people remember anything or anyone from past lives?)

As far as the theme goes, it says that Kingdoms are the created gatherings, focus, and work of fragments who share a common, specific goal within the physical plane across time.   Isn't that what task companions do, work together on a goal?

My perspective is that it's not for personality, it's for essence.  And that working together on whatever theme is chosen results in the reunion of fragments.

Unless I'm missing something, I don't understand your problem with the reunion theme.  I thought that was a given, that essences would want to reunite.  Isn't that what we all do as we move through our evolution and progress to the Tao?

Chiara DB

• Forum Support
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 29, 2011, 07:19:21 PM »
I thought that was a given, that essences would want to reunite.  Isn't that what we all do as we move through our evolution and progress to the Tao?

Exactly. So why is there a need for a Magnetic King, since that's what we are all inevitably doing anyway? What makes a group surrounding a Magnetic King different from a group of Task Companions or any other group working together? There is a certain vagueness about the concept here.

Betty

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 29, 2011, 07:56:06 PM »
Exactly. So why is there a need for a Magnetic King, since that's what we are all inevitably doing anyway? What makes a group surrounding a Magnetic King different from a group of Task Companions or any other group working together? There is a certain vagueness about the concept here.

Oh, I see what you mean.  Well, according to what I've read, it's just another way of gaining experience in a specific way.  It seems to be a larger group of fragments working together over more than one lifetime to accomplish a significant task.

John Roth

• Forum Support
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 30, 2011, 11:32:08 PM »
I thought that was a given, that essences would want to reunite.  Isn't that what we all do as we move through our evolution and progress to the Tao?

They're larger groups, and not as well organized. Remember that the essential nature of the King is to organize activity. Task companions, sextets, quadrants, etc. don't need a King to function. One of the given examples was a Magnetic Old King who was an orchestra conductor; his "kingdom" had assembled as an orchestra.

John Roth