Author Topic: The King Presence  (Read 20785 times)

Velleity

• View Profile
The King Presence
« on: April 15, 2011, 10:19:37 PM »

Being a King, it's interesting reading about the rather 'moses parting the red sea' effect that kings supposedly have when they walk around in public (I'm assuming mostly due to their big energy emanating). I'm quite self-conscious about being stared at, so often it can feel awkward yet somewhat empowering/interesting to notice.

It does seem to be a 'thing' with kings though, as I've watched a few bios and interviews with celebrity kings which describe 'how they affect a room of people'. For instance, just having watched a youtube interview of Clive Owen, it was said of him by a producer that, "Clive has extraordinary vigor, and of course great looks, he walks into a room and one's eye immediately goes to him, he's dashing and glamorous, earthy and real, and Clive manages to combine those qualities with extraordinarily charismatic effect". (well yeah, sounds like a king if I've ever heard one).

Also was one on Jack Kerouac where one described him as shy when walking into a room but that people immediately took notice anyway.

Of course, often to me it seems a bit weird to validate this, as it essentially sounds pretty egoistic in my head like "oh yeah, people are staring at me aaallll the time... but I'm not paranoid, honest...". It kind of turns me into a hermit, and I feel I can't even go out in a jeans and t-shirt without feeling 'recognized'. Before I was channeled as being a King I had no fraking clue what was going on or if I was just really hypersensitive (so yes it's helpful 'knowing').

It's just an eerie feeling.

I know kings aren't really a dime a dozen but has anyone had king friends (or are a king themselves) who get stared at? Do they mind it? Do they use it to their advantage? Is it really a phenomenon that happens? It's not necessarily that people 'make way' for me or see me coming from behind them and so move. It's more of a 'making entrances' thing, walking into a place.

I don't charge into rooms or aggressively take tables, I'm pretty quiet, but people look up anyway. Or else people remember me. I'm a cafe hopper just because if I go to the same cafe two times in a row then I'm pretty much a regular.  :P But it's just weird!

What are your guys' experience with the King presence? How do they make you feel? Are you impelled to look up? What does it feel like when one starts talking? (I'm also really good at silencing rooms darn it). Being a king it's hard to see the other side.

John Roth

• Forum Support
    • View Profile
Re: The King Presence
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2011, 02:19:41 AM »
Oh, yeah. I used to be a King before the walk-in, and I can say that the energy of a King is totally different from that of a Scholar. Looking back, I keep wondering why people kept falling in with my more idiotic suggestions. A lot of the King energy is still there, partly because the original King energy imprinted itself on my body, and partly because of my astrology. I just can't make things move like Moses any more.

HTH

John Roth

Chiara DB

• Forum Support
  • Love all, trust a few. Harm none.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2011, 07:19:46 PM »
Hello, fellow King! I was really messed up by the King thing for a long time, because my CF was arrogance. That whole thing where everyone is paying attention to you for no apparent reason can really wreak havoc with someone who flips from thinking they are totally superior to other people to thinking they are utterly worthless, i.e. "They are staring at me because I am so awesome they wish they were like me!" vs. "They are staring at me because I suck so bad they can hardly stand to be in the same room with me!!" Talk about a recipe for destructive neurosis! It took me ages and a hell of a lot of pain and suffering to get that garbage under control.

I think being a performer (opera singer) helps give me a frame for the special attention that a King gets (I'm also in Power mode, so that bumps things up a lot more, too). I guess I just see it now as something I have that I can give other people. It makes them feel good to be around a King, and I'm a nice person who goes out of her way to be kind to people, so I figure that if I can infuse that King/Power mode energy with that kindness and love, humor, and gentle teaching when the opportunity arises, that can't be anything but a positive contribution. When you're a King, even smiling generously at someone who notices you is enough to give off a little ball of good energy, and you can be on your way knowing you left a little gift behind. It's just important to know that it works like that not because we're so freaking special and superior, but just because we happen to have this specific energy configuration whose job it is to do that for people. It's not really about our personalities or our worth at all. I am also Server cast, so I think that helps me see the service aspect of the King role very clearly.

Of course there will always be people who don't like you because of your Kingliness, who suspect your motives and feel threatened by you. Those are probably people who have issues with power and self-esteem themselves, and they're good practice for learning to balance kindness and tolerance with firmness and boundaries :D

Blah blah blah! Time for mouthy King to shut up! :D

Velleity

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2011, 09:27:35 AM »
I have CF of Arrogance too Chiara, and boy your description hit the nail on the head! It can definitely be utter havoc, and is still something I have a very hard time with (the vacillation).

Opera singer. :) That's pretty cool!

I have to say I really like helping people too, and again your words are something that really resonate with me and I so get what you mean by them (in that I've come to those conclusions as well, of 'what to do' with the energy, or what feels 'most right', it's like you've been inside my head!). I've been a recluse for a long while, mostly because of feeling vulnerable, overwhelmed, and hurt by the world and people in my past, but keep realizing year after year now that my friends and family and others actually seem to benefit from having me around when I'm in a fun and more loving mood (ohhh my bad moods, they just affected entire houses sometimes), and that I do have the strength to lead and help get things done. 

But it does feel so much better to make others feel better and confident, instead of plaguing them with your presence. lol.

It's a sort of personal responsibility, the king energy, and I have to say that I still usually feel awful/grimy whenever I become even a little bit tyrannical, as if I've just had enough of doing that in past lifetimes to where I'm sick of that sort of king behavior. It's a bit weird. I'd much rather be an inspiring leader or example for others to follow, some sort of person who can pave the way and help others toward mastering things, rather than lording completely over others.

Though I still go around town and on buses feeling that I should have seats reserved for me. ;)

But yeah, King energy does have a lot of Service built into it. I guess most succinctly for me, it's just 'being available' to others. They don't have to see me all the time, but they know I'm there. I remember once in my freshman year of university, a very new acquaintance asked me to accompany her to the health center to get birth control, her saying that I felt like the only person available at the time who would accompany and 'protect' her and make her calmer about it, and by god... stuff like that just feels so good, and 'affirming'. 

Chiara, as an old king, do you find yourself ever feeling a bit more ordinal or warrior-like? I only do sometimes in that I feel like I'm scaling down and becoming more territorial and protective (of my space, time, and of my family, art, etc).

So much more I could say. :)

Diomedes

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2011, 02:21:00 AM »
In my novels class, we are reading The Kite Runner.  Baba, the father of the main character, is clearly a king.  He is very impressive.  I suspect he is an old soul also.  There is no doubt who the focus of attention is any time he is present, much to the consternation of his son.  It is a good study of Kingliness.

Chiara DB

• Forum Support
  • Love all, trust a few. Harm none.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2011, 02:32:14 AM »
Glad that sharing my experience helped, Elisabeth!

Chiara, as an old king, do you find yourself ever feeling a bit more ordinal or warrior-like? I only do sometimes in that I feel like I'm scaling down and becoming more territorial and protective (of my space, time, and of my family, art, etc).

I don't know if what you're describing is growing ordinality as much as plugging leaks in energy that take away from enjoyment of life! As I get older, I actually feel less and less ordinal. Hanging out with my Priest ET almost all the time, I live in Double Exalted Cardinal World pretty much 24/7, to the point where I've managed to arrange my life so I don't have to leave that space very often.

Betty

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2011, 11:13:32 PM »
I'm a old server, and my reaction to your posts is...well...that you guys seem a little bit full of yourselves.  I have been in plenty of situations where someone will "take control" and try to lead.  I don't like it.  It's not necessarily that I want to lead myself; most often, I don't.  It's more like I don't need a leader.  I don't need somebody to be "in charge".  I am perfectly capable of doing whatever needs to be done myself, and I resent anyone trying to impose themselves on me or run things.  I think it's arrogant.

Velleity

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2011, 11:32:38 PM »
Well, we're both in arrogance...  :P

I'm well aware that many people don't necessarily need or want leaders or someone to take control. Very very often I don't take control, and I sit back and am very much a loner, leaving people to their own devices unless they come to me, or unless I can see that they might need some direction. And often it's nice when someone else takes control so I can relax and not have to feel wound up and guilty about 'not leading' (king maya). But it's very satisfying to help and lead when the situation calls for it. It's just the role essence.

I've experienced people who seem to need/want leading, or look to me to make decisions or call the shots (make the entire menu), and it can get tiresome. That's just my experience though. Not everyone expects me to lead (glad for it). And I really don't like feeling tyrannical and usually ask people if I'm 'taking over' too much when I'm helping them. I really don't take over or impose myself on people because I don't like being imposed upon myself. Pretty much.

Sorry if I sounded too whiny or full of myself about my boyfriend, perhaps he's experiencing the same frustration of the strange power vacuum that I experience. i.e. the "who's going to call the shot?" tension that can arise. It's just something I notice. And does just one person need to call the shots? (No). Usually we're very agreeable and split things evenly or do them together and it's quite harmonious. There are just sometimes where he wants me to tell him what to do and I don't know what to tell him, or he looks to me to lead outright. It's just an annoying sense of pressure very suddenly. Doesn't help that he tends to stare at me either until I give orders. :P

Maybe kings feel 'power vacuums' more than others? I don't know, it's just something that I'm really aware of. I'm not in power mode, but it's still like an instinct, walking into a room and immediately sensing who's in control, the dynamics, who's taking up the most room, and how much control I might have in a situation even if I don't use it. Sometimes I don't have much control or influence at all, and I'm fine with that, but it's like I still need to 'know' that I don't, so I can relax or go do other things. Yes, it's often annoying being 'on duty' all the time, feeling that I must be alert and watching out for how things are being managed.

« Last Edit: April 25, 2011, 11:40:06 PM by Elisabeth »

Velleity

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2011, 11:51:18 PM »
Am also now wondering how a mature king in arrogance can write on a forum without sounding really 'important'... something to work on.

Betty

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2011, 11:55:04 PM »
I don't feel that is necessarily a "kingly" attribute.  Almost everyone sizes up a room when they walk into it.  And almost everyone feels satisfaction if they are asked to help and do a good job, no matter what their role essence is.  And I, too, find that people remember me, even when we were only introduced some time previously. For some reason, I am a memorable person, and I am a server, so, again, it's not necessarily the role essence.

Remember, "king" to Michael doesn't mean the same thing it means in our language.  

Velleity

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2011, 12:04:50 AM »
Okay, touche. I guess I also feel good when I make jokes/write, do art, serve/help out, persuade/protect, research, inspire...

I'm just not sure 'what it is' then. :-\  Mastery? What does it mean to be a king (or the notion of this essence, not a 'real king')? What my essence is for me, is when I can use my expertise and energy to bring something into the world, or when I can help and inspire people through that. When I can make original creations. Maybe I'll just say that and leave the rest well alone since obviously I'm not well-learned in this yet and can only share what I experience.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2011, 10:06:46 PM by Elisabeth »

Betty

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2011, 12:22:35 AM »
Okay, now I'm sorry.  I didn't mean to attack you, nor was I talking only to you.  I certainly didn't mean to make you embarrassed or afraid to speak your mind.  I guess I need to learn to think before I speak  :-\

Velleity

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2011, 12:39:49 AM »
Sorry about all this too... (I think I'm also feeling rather defensive today for some stupid reason or another)   :(

Well, when I want to speak my mind I kind of get carried away and too enthusiastic (yes, I do sort of blame passion mode), or arrogant happy-clappyness (which annoys even myself when I look back over it). I'm not ever entirely sure what to validate about my 'king' experiences... Often I don't worry too much about it, but sometimes I do really notice things that seem to be in direct relation to my essence. I think these posts did get a little caught up in arrogance though. It's incredibly hard to knock it out of discussion sometimes... so, thanks for spotting it.

I also feel a bit on guard here (or in any Michael community)... since I'm 'new-ish' and a mature soul and 25, and feel out of place at times or that I take up too much room... forums have always been pretty difficult places to inhabit (for me) anyway.

I still would like to talk about king things, I just can't find a lot of information about it, and so I guess I have to either ask or fill a void. Ugh and I hate vomiting up personal information everywhere, it seems to happen too much.  :P 

Drury

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 26, 2011, 04:12:06 AM »
Ugh and I hate vomiting up personal information everywhere, it seems to happen too much.  :P  

I've been doing that all over the forum, trying to find out my role and other info about myself re MT.  I'm sure by now people can say what I'm like in their sleep, and I'm embarrassed by my threads and shallowness (but it hasn't stopped me, lol).  But I don't feel that you were "vomiting up" too much personal info or being shallow in the least, more telling us what it feels like to have a king role, which I really appreciate.  The deeper and more personal someone is willing to go regarding their role and overleaves, the better I understand what it's like to live in that space.

« Last Edit: April 26, 2011, 04:18:36 AM by Drury »

Velleity

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 26, 2011, 05:00:43 AM »

Thanks Drury, I appreciate you vomiting about yourself too. ;)

I had to go 'clean house' and had some time to think about my reactions. Think I was just having a bad day, so apologies Betty. Sometimes I feel urges to revert back to young king behavior, pushing other people out of my pond so that I can be the big fish. It's usually just an internal urge though, and I hardly ever act that way. But it's a weird feeling. Like "no no, I thought we had gotten over that...". lol.

'King' is quite a loaded word to use (as are the others, but we have to name them something I guess). As I was cleaning, I realized that yes I'm unemployed (on disability benefit), nearly failed art school, and am earning some extra cash cleaning my bf's aunties' apartment twice a week. So much for 'impressive kingly status'. ;) Roles can manifest in so many different ways. I guess I wasn't surprised to learn I had scholar casting and an artisan ET, as those feel more like my daily 'guises'.

I still stand by and agree with 'mastery' as the main 'thing for king' though. I can see it and it has always been there as a main feature.

And Betty, I'm pretty sure that not all people remember me or care, and I can feel invisible at times, but I think I was meaning more in the context of daily walking around in the city stuff and being looked at by strangers when I walk into a cafe or some other place. It's kind of an anonymous phenomenon. Becoming-a-regular-at-a-cafe-after-only-2-visits is still something I experience though.

Sometimes I wonder if some kings feel stared at because they're so 'starey' themselves at times. :P Not sure. Is it an exaggeration that kings get stared at when they enter rooms? I'm not sure why I can relate to the descriptions of Clive Owen and more so Jack Kerouac. And I know it's not just kings who get stared at. ;) Just wondering more about the king energy and if it does indeed affect people, and if it does, how does it? What do people feel?