Author Topic: Soul Age. How to spot it  (Read 22481 times)

Chiara DB

• Forum Support
  • Love all, trust a few. Harm none.
    • View Profile
Re: Soul Age. How to spot it
« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2011, 10:19:26 PM »
Thanks for that, Dave. I had never heard of Sasha Cooke before, but it's quite amazing to hear that elegant singing and sincere, beautiful voice coming out of that old man mask. Somehow that mask makes the quality of her singing more apparent.

And yes, the duet afterward is just exquisite -- what an inspiration for a singer! Thanks again!
« Last Edit: April 20, 2011, 10:22:25 PM by Chiara DB »

Dave

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Michael Teachings
« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2011, 10:29:50 PM »
Sasha is young and already first-class. She has a major part in Doctor Atomic, so you might want to check it out.

Best,
Dave

ped

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 21, 2011, 08:37:32 AM »
I don't think someone eyes are as good a way as often portrayed. IMO there are more factors involved than what is generally outlined. take a relative state of dystonia from an old soul for instance. they would probably spend more time looking off into space or downward than directly at others with a "penetrating stare."

I like the classic way, to note how into life they are. what games they're into, etc. but you actually need to know a bit about a person to get a good feel for this....which is usually a good idea before you start trying to frame them in the MT vernacular.

John Roth

• Forum Support
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 21, 2011, 02:30:59 PM »
I love having a clean house, but I haven't yet mastered the zen of making housecleaning into a valuable spiritual exercise that I like doing. Maybe when I become a famous opera singer, we can afford to have a maid ;D

Chuckle!

My mother never regarded housekeeping as "spiritual." She simply thought it was something that had to be done, so she learned how to do it as efficiently as possible so it took up as little time as possible. (Early Young King - you can see the mastery pole.)

John Roth

mtscholar

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 01, 2011, 11:15:04 PM »
The quote about clean one day, not so much the next, has always amused me, and it's one reason I think I'm more likely a mature soul--probably in the later stages, although who knows. It's not so much clean for me as order--I can live in relative clutter and chaos for a while, then go ballistic and want and need to organize it all thank you very much! Then the cycle begins anew....

jk

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 02, 2011, 03:15:35 PM »
Most of simple statements that can be stuffed into one sentence are generalisations, and if you take them out of that context, they will be misleading.
I have been channeled as an Old soul and I keep my house clean, because I like it that way. Dirty house drags me down. Same with clutter. That being said I had periods in my life when you could not see my rooms floor and you would find some disgusting things in there (upto adolescence). When you live in your parents house and you know you are not solely responsible for its state, its very different than having your own place . I also (much later) had a period of a few months when I did things like cleaning tops of refrigerators. It did not last very long though.
I had a period in my life when I cleaned for company and I sometimes still might do that. More like put things away, if needed, than clean. But if just one person comes for a coffee and I happen to have a slightly messy kitchen, well as long as I am able to make a coffee, who cares?
So when they say that Old soul does not bother shoving anything away, the way I understand it, is that they are expressing "take me or leave me" attitude (but physical age and imprinting can mess with this).