Author Topic: Changing...  (Read 10901 times)

MOO

• View Profile
Changing...
« on: April 26, 2011, 12:18:02 AM »
Can one change their overleaves in one physical lifetime?

John Roth

• Forum Support
    • View Profile
Re: Changing...
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2011, 12:47:23 PM »
Can one change their overleaves in one physical lifetime?

It's technically possible for Essence to change the lifetime's overleaves, but it's so rare as to be almost unknown.

If you want to know what it feels like, it's a lot easier to find a walk-in and ask. The answer is that it's quite disorienting. The body adapts to the overleaves, and shifting them can take a lot of adjustment while you wonder whether "up" shouldn't really be down, sideways or possibly even hot fudge sundae.

HTH

John Roth

MOO

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2011, 01:42:03 AM »
What about people who are in comas or severe head trauma who go into it one way and come out totally different in their personality? Would this be an example of "switching"?

And how does one find a walk-in?

John Roth

• Forum Support
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2011, 04:44:39 AM »
What about people who are in comas or severe head trauma who go into it one way and come out totally different in their personality? Would this be an example of "switching"?

And how does one find a walk-in?

There are three possibilities. One is brain damage, a second is a "spiritual experience" while on the astral waiting for the body to be revived, the third is a walk-in.

The classical walkin is someone who was in an accident, died and then was revived on the operating table. I'm quite atypical in that regard - I knew something had happened, but I'm sufficiently hard-headed that I didn't make the connection even when the books were almost jumping off the shelf at me. I had to be told in a channeling session - fifteen years later when I asked about what had happened. Apparently Michael didn't regard it as sufficiently important to give me a heads up.

As I've said elsewhere, I don't generally talk about the experience except when it would illuminate another answer. The Essence that walked in isn't here to provide spiritual enlightenment or anything like that. It's got an observing brief, and right now it's wondering if The Donald is going to take down the Republican Party and the neo-cons.

MOO

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2011, 02:36:09 AM »
It's got an observing brief, and right now it's wondering if The Donald is going to take down the Republican Party and the neo-cons.

LOL LOL....

and back to post....ok now I understand why I was thinking along those lines!!! TY very much!!

Velleity

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2011, 03:41:48 AM »

Hmm, this makes me wonder if I guy I met a few years ago had a walk-in experience, as he had been kidnapped/abducted as a teenager and was kept for a while I think sustaining some injuries and serious trauma, or at least was in a coma for a while after they found him. Then he woke up from the coma and family members etc. said he just wasn't the same person. And he told me that he didn't remember anything of his former life, didn't 'know' his parents, didn't like them or their life or the house he and they were living in. In short he said it was like waking up to a house of strangers and feeling quite uncomfortable with the fact that they expected him to behave in certain ways when he couldn't remember at all what those 'ways' were.

John Roth

• Forum Support
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2011, 02:50:48 PM »

Hmm, this makes me wonder if I guy I met a few years ago had a walk-in experience, as he had been kidnapped/abducted as a teenager and was kept for a while I think sustaining some injuries and serious trauma, or at least was in a coma for a while after they found him. Then he woke up from the coma and family members etc. said he just wasn't the same person. And he told me that he didn't remember anything of his former life, didn't 'know' his parents, didn't like them or their life or the house he and they were living in. In short he said it was like waking up to a house of strangers and feeling quite uncomfortable with the fact that they expected him to behave in certain ways when he couldn't remember at all what those 'ways' were.

Could be. I've heard that exact reaction from reports by several other walk-ins. "Who are these people?" Although it was less a matter of not remembering them than wondering if they'd been kidnapped by space aliens and replaced by clones. Or the equivalent.

On the other hand, it could be the result of brain damage as a result of being in a coma too long. Memories are kept in the body, so if he had amnesia there's something other than a simple walk-in happening.

John Roth

jk

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2011, 07:04:16 PM »
I'm quite atypical in that regard - I knew something had happened, but I'm sufficiently hard-headed that I didn't make the connection even when the books were almost jumping off the shelf at me. I had to be told in a channeling session - fifteen years later when I asked about what had happened. Apparently Michael didn't regard it as sufficiently important to give me a heads up.
^ Wouldn't it be what they typically do - a case of wanting you to find your own answers, rather than serving you all the information up without you validating it?
I appreciate if you don't want to talk about it, but I find it very interesting, and would like to hear about how you have experienced it at a time (not knowing what it was), if you would share.

@Moo - Michael confirmed that it is possible to change one's overleaves. Just to be clear, I am not talking about a walk-in, but about a conscious decision to change a specific overleaf. Also I am speaking strictly theoretically, from what I have read, not from an experience.
It does not sound like an easy thing and I think typically you would change only one, if at all (certainly at a time). Prerequisite would be that you would wish to change and understood why are you doing it. You cannot change Essence overleaves like this (Role, Age, Level, Casting or anything like that). It is only applicable to overleaves that one takes on for one life (Goal, Attutude, Mode etc.) It is also apparently possible to "extinguish" one's CF or at least lessen its hold (more likely).

From what I have understood, the person who was asking about this and considering/attempting to do it, wished to change from an Ordinal overleaf to its Cardinal counterpart - Caution to Power for example. They were working at this, from what I understood, and it was not a matter of switching on a switch, but more of sliding into the Cardinal overleaf. In subsequent channeling Michael then pointed out to them in which moments they are in Power.

John Roth

• Forum Support
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2011, 09:10:01 PM »
I'm quite atypical in that regard - I knew something had happened, but I'm sufficiently hard-headed that I didn't make the connection even when the books were almost jumping off the shelf at me. I had to be told in a channeling session - fifteen years later when I asked about what had happened. Apparently Michael didn't regard it as sufficiently important to give me a heads up.
^ Wouldn't it be what they typically do - a case of wanting you to find your own answers, rather than serving you all the information up without you validating it?
I appreciate if you don't want to talk about it, but I find it very interesting, and would like to hear about how you have experienced it at a time (not knowing what it was), if you would share.
It happened back in early 1977, so that's over 34 years ago. I don't talk about it because I don't find it very interesting at this late date, and I'm not at all sure what I could say about the experience that would mean anything to anyone. The only thing that's really interesting is that the old Essence was a 4th level Old King, and I can see the difference in energy. People simply fell into line when the King wanted it, and they don't do that for the Scholar.

Quote from: jk
@Moo - Michael confirmed that it is possible to change one's overleaves. Just to be clear, I am not talking about a walk-in, but about a conscious decision to change a specific overleaf. Also I am speaking strictly theoretically, from what I have read, not from an experience.
It does not sound like an easy thing and I think typically you would change only one, if at all (certainly at a time). Prerequisite would be that you would wish to change and understood why are you doing it. You cannot change Essence overleaves like this (Role, Age, Level, Casting or anything like that). It is only applicable to overleaves that one takes on for one life (Goal, Attutude, Mode etc.) It is also apparently possible to "extinguish" one's CF or at least lessen its hold (more likely).

From what I have understood, the person who was asking about this and considering/attempting to do it, wished to change from an Ordinal overleaf to its Cardinal counterpart - Caution to Power for example. They were working at this, from what I understood, and it was not a matter of switching on a switch, but more of sliding into the Cardinal overleaf. In subsequent channeling Michael then pointed out to them in which moments they are in Power.

Chief feature is the one that's changed most often, followed by one of the Attitudes. Changing from Caution to Power? That would be an interesting switch.

John Roth

jk

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2011, 10:51:19 PM »
I have just read a bit more on this, from a different channel than I was going by previously and the response is somewhat different. The gist of it is that overleaves are linked to a body, and that usually a great trauma is the only way of changing overleaves, usually by means of walk-in.

In other contexts, changing ones overleaves by choice is compared to changing ones eye colour. Further analogy is given that one may superimpose a use of another overleaf to accomodate a short term agenda, but that this is like wearing a coloured contact lense.