Relationships > Karma

Minor Karma

(1/4) > >>

russell:
Is there something like minor karma? Is marital infidelity that ends in divorce a type of karma?

Chiara DB:
As I understand it, karma is created when there's intensity between the people involved. If a partner cheated and the other person didn't really care, and the cheating person didn't feel that they did anything wrong, there wouldn't be any karma created. But that's not a very realistic scenario, is it? :) On the other hand, the cheating person could be repaying karma that was created with the partner in a previous life, so it could be a completion of karma, not a creation of new karma.

John Roth:

--- Quote from: russell on May 25, 2011, 06:52:39 AM ---Is there something like minor karma? Is marital infidelity that ends in divorce a type of karma?

--- End quote ---

Somewhere there's a list of seven levels of karma. They range from minor theft (stealing candy from a baby) through false spiritual teaching that destroys growth for a lifetime and may even cause regression (mind-f-word). (** the nanny routine doesn't seem to like the actual term that's used.)

Levels 2 through 4 are more serious versions of theft - resources that are hard to replace, resources that are needed to support oneself and which can't be replaced, that kind of thing.

Level 5 is murder, or specifically loss of the vehicle of experience.

Level 6 is defacement to the point that the person cannot gain enough credibility to function. This isn't just physical - character assasination would fall into here as well.

Karma is a denial of choices. If the person wronged in your example depended on the other person for her livelihood and the support of her children, yes, it qualifies as denial of resources that the person was depending on. Level 3 or 4 karma.

HTH

John Roth

jk:
Is it this article: http://www.michaelteachings.com/7_levels_karmic_debt.html
As for the infidelity, no, I don't believe that in itself forms basis for karmic debt. But there may be circumstances that would do it.
On the other hand I can imagine a circumstance where being cheated on and left is in the end actually beneficial to your Essence (although painful to the Personality).
In the MFM book, there is a mention of a woman who was giving Michael questions like ‘Has my husband committedadultery?’. It says the answer was:

--- Quote ---YOUR HUSBAND HAS FULFILLED CERTAIN AGREEMENTS
THAT HE MADE BETWEEN LIVES. IT IS ONLY THE
CULTURAL AND SOCIETAL DEFINITIONS OF THE
PHYSICAL PLANE THAT DEFINE SUCH RELATIONSHIPS AS
LEGITIMATE OR ADULTEROUS.
--- End quote ---

Dave:
Personally, I favor the Universal mirror principle, where what you do creates ripples that eventually come back to you. Adultery may not be karmic in the traditional sense, but if there was an emotional impact that negatively affected another, you may be on the receiving end of that impact, either later in life or in a subsequent lifetime.

Best,
Dave

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version