Author Topic: Minor Karma  (Read 14817 times)

russell

• View Profile
Minor Karma
« on: May 25, 2011, 06:52:39 AM »
Is there something like minor karma? Is marital infidelity that ends in divorce a type of karma?

Chiara DB

• Forum Support
  • Love all, trust a few. Harm none.
    • View Profile
Re: Minor Karma
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2011, 07:21:29 AM »
As I understand it, karma is created when there's intensity between the people involved. If a partner cheated and the other person didn't really care, and the cheating person didn't feel that they did anything wrong, there wouldn't be any karma created. But that's not a very realistic scenario, is it? :) On the other hand, the cheating person could be repaying karma that was created with the partner in a previous life, so it could be a completion of karma, not a creation of new karma.

John Roth

• Forum Support
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2011, 12:41:22 AM »
Is there something like minor karma? Is marital infidelity that ends in divorce a type of karma?

Somewhere there's a list of seven levels of karma. They range from minor theft (stealing candy from a baby) through false spiritual teaching that destroys growth for a lifetime and may even cause regression (mind-f-word). (** the nanny routine doesn't seem to like the actual term that's used.)

Levels 2 through 4 are more serious versions of theft - resources that are hard to replace, resources that are needed to support oneself and which can't be replaced, that kind of thing.

Level 5 is murder, or specifically loss of the vehicle of experience.

Level 6 is defacement to the point that the person cannot gain enough credibility to function. This isn't just physical - character assasination would fall into here as well.

Karma is a denial of choices. If the person wronged in your example depended on the other person for her livelihood and the support of her children, yes, it qualifies as denial of resources that the person was depending on. Level 3 or 4 karma.

HTH

John Roth

jk

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2011, 10:13:55 PM »
Is it this article: http://www.michaelteachings.com/7_levels_karmic_debt.html
As for the infidelity, no, I don't believe that in itself forms basis for karmic debt. But there may be circumstances that would do it.
On the other hand I can imagine a circumstance where being cheated on and left is in the end actually beneficial to your Essence (although painful to the Personality).
In the MFM book, there is a mention of a woman who was giving Michael questions like ‘Has my husband committedadultery?’. It says the answer was:
YOUR HUSBAND HAS FULFILLED CERTAIN AGREEMENTS
THAT HE MADE BETWEEN LIVES. IT IS ONLY THE
CULTURAL AND SOCIETAL DEFINITIONS OF THE
PHYSICAL PLANE THAT DEFINE SUCH RELATIONSHIPS AS
LEGITIMATE OR ADULTEROUS.

Dave

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Michael Teachings
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2011, 10:32:08 PM »
Personally, I favor the Universal mirror principle, where what you do creates ripples that eventually come back to you. Adultery may not be karmic in the traditional sense, but if there was an emotional impact that negatively affected another, you may be on the receiving end of that impact, either later in life or in a subsequent lifetime.

Best,
Dave

MOO

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2011, 04:21:01 AM »
Can someone list the 7 levels of karma?

jk

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2011, 09:11:15 AM »
Moo - look two posts above yours. I have posted a link to a page that not only lists them but also explains them

MeliaNamaste

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2011, 12:33:23 PM »
When we're thinking about more than minor karma, Level 6 for example, think of political attack ads and the effect they have on the victim and the public. When people we support use this kind of tactic, does that add to our karma? I guess I am getting away from individual karma and into collective karma. Hope this isn't off topic.

John Roth

• Forum Support
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2011, 12:55:32 PM »
When we're thinking about more than minor karma, Level 6 for example, think of political attack ads and the effect they have on the victim and the public. When people we support use this kind of tactic, does that add to our karma? I guess I am getting away from individual karma and into collective karma. Hope this isn't off topic.

It's on topic, and it brings up an interesting point: karma is created by the removal of choices that Essence planned on having available, or discovered it needed later, for the lifetime. Political attacks by practicing politicians on each other are part of the game, and there's no karma involved as long as the participants knew that was the game and agreed to it. If you've got ten people contesting for President of the U.S., only one is going to win. The winner doesn't get karma from keeping the other nine from the position.

To take a case in counterpoint, the Exxon-Mobile funded attacks on climate scientists could well create karma for the people in that company who to fund the "global warming denial" strategy.

John Roth

MeliaNamaste

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2011, 05:32:18 PM »
John, I am Canadian and up until very recently attack ads have not been part of the game here. I have watched two men of high integrity bite the dust politically because they refused to attack back and the people of low discernment who saw the ads took them as truth. Unfortunately that resulted in the one(s) who used them forming our current government. I am working very hard to stay out of judgement, but how can you trust any group who will use any means to win? I am hoping all this will result in serious karmic consequences for the perps. Does that accrue karma to me?

John Roth

• Forum Support
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2011, 10:27:22 PM »
John, I am Canadian and up until very recently attack ads have not been part of the game here. I have watched two men of high integrity bite the dust politically because they refused to attack back and the people of low discernment who saw the ads took them as truth. Unfortunately that resulted in the one(s) who used them forming our current government. I am working very hard to stay out of judgement, but how can you trust any group who will use any means to win? I am hoping all this will result in serious karmic consequences for the perps. Does that accrue karma to me?

No, it doesn't accrue karma to you. Frankly, I don't trust any politicians to be anything other than politicians, just like I don't trust black widow spiders to be anything other than black widow spiders. Michael told the original group to stay out of politics, but if they had anything to say to expand on that, CQY chose not to publish it.

Assuming their predictions about soul age evolution are right, that entire governmental philosophy is going to be swept away, but not for several hundred years. Until then, you can either nuke some popcorn and sit back to watch the show, or dig in and find the basic economic, environmental, resource, human nature and so on and so forth mechanisms that underlie current history.

Quote from: Messages from Michael
YOU ARE NOW ON A PARALLEL TIME FRAME WITH THE REIGN OF CAESAR AUGUSTUS.
What is so special about every two thousand years?
WE ARE REFERRING TO THE PHILOSOPHICAL CLIMATE EXISTING THEN WHICH HAS NOT EXISTED SINCE, UNTIL VERY RECENTLY.  THIS PHILOSOPHICAL CLIMATE MADE THE CONDITIONS RIGHT FOR THE MANIFESTATIONS OF THE INFINITE SOUL.  IF YOU WISH SOME PARALLELS BETWEEN THEN AND NOW, WE WILL GLADLY EXPOUND.  THE INFINITE SOUL MANIFESTS AT TIMES SUCH AS THIS, WHEN THERE ARE MANY PHILOSOPHICAL STAGNATIONS, RACIAL AND RELIGIOUS STRIFE, AND THE IMMINENT DESTRUCTION OF THAT WHICH BINDS SOCIETY TOGETHER.  IN ROME, AS NOW, LIP SERVICE WAS PAID TO RELIGIOUS TOLERANCE, BUT THERE WERE PERIODIC PURGES AND REINSTATEMENT OF THE STATE GODS.  THE PARALLEL TO THIS OCCURRED IN NAZI GERMANY.  THEY (ROME) HAD POLITICAL PARTIES WHERE THE LINES OF DEMARCATION HAD BECOME SO BLURRED THAT NO ONE QUITE KNEW WHERE HE STOOD.  LUXURY WAS VIABLE AND WIDESPREAD AND COULD BE OBTAINED THROUGH LITTLE EFFORT.  THE WELFARE STATE CAME INTO EXISTENCE.  THEN CITIES WERE CROWDED AND THE CITY DWELLERS WERE ALIENATED FROM EACH OTHER.  THERE WAS A DETERIORATION OF THE FAMILY AND THE RATIO OF DISTURBED CHILDREN WAS COMPATIBLE WITH THE FIGURE NOW.  THE WOMEN’S LIBERATION MOVEMENT WAS CAUSING FEAR IN THE MEN AND THEY WERE SO WORRIED ABOUT THEIR VIRILITY THAT THEY HAD LITTLE INTEREST IN ANYTHING ELSE.  THIS BROUGHT ABOUT MANY SMALL WARS THAT WERE FOUGHT ON THE BATTLEGROUNDS RATHER THAN IN THE BEDROOMS.  DOES THAT SOUND FAMILIAR?  WALKING INTO A LATRINE DURING THE FIRST CENTURY OF THIS ERA WOULD NOT BE AN UNFAMILIAR EXPERIENCE FOR ANY OF YOU.  YOU WOULD BE RIGHT AT HOME WITH THE GRAFFITI EXHORTING VARIOUS SOLITARY SEXUAL PURSUITS.

This was in the 70s. Augustus boasted that he had found Rome built of wood, and left it built of marble. He also boasted that he had raised a dozen legions from his own (that is, his family's) funds. It was a high point with the seeds of decay showing. It's now 40 years later; the decay is showing more strongly and the trend is now rather obviously downward.

I know this doesn't help.

John Roth

MeliaNamaste

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 04, 2011, 02:25:23 AM »
It certainly gives a sense of perspective, which I appreciate. I wonder how an Infinite soul would survive, if at all, in today's world where the outstanding once again are altogether too often assassinated. What Michael doesn't address in the parallel  Roman days and ways is the upsurge in pure goodness that is happening in today's world - see Paul Hawken's Blessed Unrest. Much good karma is being earned, in my opinion, by millions living today, sexual peccadilloes notwithstanding.

John Roth

• Forum Support
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 04, 2011, 01:00:10 PM »
It certainly gives a sense of perspective, which I appreciate. I wonder how an Infinite soul would survive, if at all, in today's world where the outstanding once again are altogether too often assassinated. What Michael doesn't address in the parallel  Roman days and ways is the upsurge in pure goodness that is happening in today's world - see Paul Hawken's Blessed Unrest. Much good karma is being earned, in my opinion, by millions living today, sexual peccadilloes notwithstanding.

Remember that, according to Michael, the 7th level old King walked out and was replaced by the Infinite Soul for the last month of his life. I've seen channelings that indicate there were approximately 200 possible vehicles; Jesus was the one selected, but it could have been someone else, and then what we think the IS did would have been very different.

It needs to be emphasized now and again that most of what's in the New Testament is second and third generation recollections of the teachings of an Old King, NOT the teachings of the Infinite Soul.

John Roth

jk

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 04, 2011, 03:10:32 PM »
Oh was it only the last month of his life? For some reason I was under the impression it would have been several years and also that the IS would be only "in" the body at times, not all the time, since it takes too much toll on the body. Where can I read more about this, John? Was it in MFM/MMFM?

John Roth

• Forum Support
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 04, 2011, 05:59:28 PM »
Oh was it only the last month of his life? For some reason I was under the impression it would have been several years and also that the IS would be only "in" the body at times, not all the time, since it takes too much toll on the body. Where can I read more about this, John? Was it in MFM/MMFM?

Here it is:

Quote from: MFM p.183
THE ESSENTIAL TEACHING OF CHRISTIANITY HAD ITS ROOTS, OF COURSE, IN A MANIFESTATION OF THE INFINITE SOUL, BUT LIKE MOST BUREAUCRACIES IT WAS PERPETUATED BY YOUNG PRIESTS IN THE PASSION MODE, AT THEIR MOST ZEALOUS, WHO WERE WILLING TO INTERJECT THEIR OWN BIASES INTO THE MATERIAL.  TODAY'S CHRISTIANITY BEARS LITTLE RESEMBLANCE TO THE TEACHINGS OF THE MAN JESUS OR TO THE LOGOS BROUGHT TO BEAR BY THE INFINITE SOUL.  YOU MUST REMEMBER THAT THE OLD KING WHO WAS THE MAN JESUS RELINQUISHED HIS PHYSICAL BODY TO THE INFINITE SOUL ONLY DURING THE LAST THIRTY DAYS OF HIS LIFE.  PRIOR TO THAT, THE TEACHING WAS THAT OF A SEVENTH-LEVEL OLD KING, TRANSCENDENT, AN ENLIGHTENED BEING.  WE WOULD ALSO LIKE TO REMIND YOU THAT MUCH OF THE CHRONOLOGY OF THE EVENTS IN THIS MAN’S LIFE IS CONFUSED, DISTORTED, AND IN SOME INSTANCES, WHOLLY FICTIONALIZED.  WE WOULD SUGGEST THAT YOU BEAR THIS IN MIND WHEN MAKING A STUDY OF HIS TEACHINGS.

HTH

John Roth