0 (0%)
Young
0 (0%)
Mature
10 (31.3%)
Old
21 (65.6%)

Total Members Voted: 32

Author Topic: POLL: What is Your Soul Age?  (Read 31389 times)

Dave

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Michael Teachings
POLL: What is Your Soul Age?
« on: April 18, 2011, 09:35:28 AM »
In the interest of discovering the percentage of soul ages that visit this forum, I created the following poll.

Enjoy!

Best,
Dave
« Last Edit: April 18, 2011, 10:08:35 PM by Dave Gregg »

Drury

• View Profile
Re: What is Your Soul Age?
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2011, 05:14:01 PM »
I didn't vote since I'm not sure, but judging by my beliefs, values and interests, I bounce between Mature and Old, and in fact a lifelong problem is off and on letting relationships get in the way of many of my underlying spiritual values.  To make a guess, I'd say Mature.  Maybe my chart will pin it down more closely.  I make florays all the way down to Infant, though. ;)
« Last Edit: April 18, 2011, 05:18:39 PM by Drury »

Chiara DB

• Forum Support
  • Love all, trust a few. Harm none.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2011, 05:58:57 PM »
I'm waiting for all the Infant souls to come crawling out of the woodwork :D

Dave

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Michael Teachings
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2011, 08:02:31 PM »
Some students turn soul age into such a hierarchical measurement that I got frustrated once and changed my profile at the MT site to Infant soul. I don't think I've changed it back. And I'm rather amused just imagining the raised eyebrows it creates. ;-)

Tomorrow I shall proclaim that I'm the Tao itself, and my first act of Universal peace will be to bestow upon everyone a free, unlimited supply of Ben & Jerrys. This is in keeping with my belief as a child that heaven was just an endlessly stocked ice cream parlor.

Best,
Dave

John Roth

• Forum Support
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2011, 11:30:02 PM »
I didn't vote since I'm not sure, but judging by my beliefs, values and interests, I bounce between Mature and Old, and in fact a lifelong problem is off and on letting relationships get in the way of many of my underlying spiritual values.  To make a guess, I'd say Mature.  Maybe my chart will pin it down more closely.  I make florays all the way down to Infant, though. ;)

Nobody is so advanced that they don't have to deal with the occasional survival issue (Infant), or conform to the current social expectations (Baby) to avoid a lynch mob complete with pitchforks, tar, flaming torches and other unpleasantness. Sooner or later most of us are going to have to deal with having a goal and meeting it (Young) and we're always going to deal with relationships (Mature).

Knowing your effective soul age helps clarify things; it's not an achievement badge.

John Roth

Drury

• View Profile
Re: POLL: What is Your Soul Age?
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2011, 12:22:37 AM »
"I make florays all the way down to Infant, though."

I did my post and went running out the door, and I didn't take time to phrase it well.  By "down" I didn't mean less in any way, only in terms of number of times reincarnated.  Who can say that a college student is better or has more inherent intelligence than a child in kindergarten?  More maturity, but in my case, not always, lol.  I have been very lucky in that I've been able to sidestep social expectations to a great extent, including the pitchforks and flaming torches.   :)

Drury

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2011, 01:06:07 AM »
I just wanted to add...  It turns out that I have a fascination with categorizing people.  It's inherently interesting, plus it helps me understand people and improve my relationship with them.  As long as any category isn't used as an ego trip, I'm all for putting labels on who people are, for that understanding, as long as the labels are flexible enough that they can change as the person changes or as a better category is found.  I've found labeling personality- or soul-wise to be a good, but not perfect, indication as to who will have my interests and values.  I would enjoy having Infant and Baby souls posting here since I'd like their take on spiritual and psychological matters.

Dave, French vanilla ice cream would go a long way toward bumping me to Old Soul, and even to full enlightenment if the supply is endless.   :D

Chiara DB

• Forum Support
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2011, 02:28:24 AM »
Some students turn soul age into such a hierarchical measurement that I got frustrated once and changed my profile at the MT site to Infant soul. I don't think I've changed it back. And I'm rather amused just imagining the raised eyebrows it creates. ;-)

Haha, love it Dave! Love anything that busts up that kind of thinking :)

Betty

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2011, 05:14:01 PM »
I think you'll find that the poll will be almost all mature and old.  Three explanations:  1) channelers are telling people what they want to hear; 2) only mature and old souls are interested; 3) other soul ages are interested but do not post.

It's probably #2. 

It is interesting to see such a large proportion of old souls, considering they are only 10-12% of the population.

Chiara DB

• Forum Support
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2011, 05:26:14 PM »
I think most young souls would think this was just kooky time-wasting airy-fairy cacapoopoo, though if they figured out a way to utilize it to get something else they wanted, they would play along. Baby souls would think it's satanic, and Infant souls are in another world altogether and have their own stories about the Tao.

jeffm

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2011, 07:23:39 PM »
I seem to fit the descriptions of Old Soul the most, maybe late Old.

Dave

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Michael Teachings
« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2011, 07:49:24 AM »
I think most young souls would think this was just kooky time-wasting airy-fairy cacapoopoo...

Haha...That phrase was right on the tip of my tongue, but then I was a little concerned by the sudden taste on the tip of my tongue, and decided to keep my mouth shut. ;-) 

But I agree.

Best,
Dave

Dave

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Michael Teachings
« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2011, 07:51:48 AM »

It is interesting to see such a large proportion of old souls, considering they are only 10-12% of the population.

This is such a small sampling that it's hardly proportionate of anything. Even on the Michael list with 1000+ subscribers, that's a small sampling relatively speaking. Though, it would be curious to see the soul age breakdown. Maybe I'll add a poll to the MT site.

Best,
Dave

stefan

« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2011, 07:23:51 PM »
Perhaps an interesting note: Varda Hasselmann is a german channeling medium and conducts seminars since about 25 years. There, also the soul ages of her seminar participants will be channeled. She says her participants are between Mature2 and Old4. About in every second seminar she has an Old5-soul. Old6 she has seen only once, Old7 never in all this years.

Lori

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 20, 2011, 07:45:10 PM »
I haven't filled out this poll yet b/c I am new to the Michael Teachings and I haven't gotten around to doing this.  I figure at some point I will but I am in no hurry.

I would have to pose the question, would Infant and Baby Souls even be attracted to this forum?  I can't imagine them being at the stage that they would be looking for something like this. 

Just my thoughts and I am curious to see what others think about this.