Author Topic: Bodhisattvas according to Michael  (Read 7871 times)

Rosey

• View Profile
    • inDocs inDexing Services
Bodhisattvas according to Michael
« on: June 06, 2011, 01:03:25 AM »
Where do Bodhisattvas stand in the Michael-oriented scheme of things? A person will decide in one life that s/he wants to make the Bodhisattva vow, which is to delay one's own "enlightenment" until all others have reached their goal.  However, how can that work - wouldn't it be selfish for someone to delay their own cadre/entity's advancement because s/he was stuck on earth helping everyone else, due to their vow?  How seriously should a Bodhisattva vow be taken?  Do you think it's a vow made by personality, or can it be something decided by Essence?

John Roth

• Forum Support
    • View Profile
Re: Bodhisattvas according to Michael
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2011, 12:23:43 AM »
Where do Bodhisattvas stand in the Michael-oriented scheme of things? A person will decide in one life that s/he wants to make the Bodhisattva vow, which is to delay one's own "enlightenment" until all others have reached their goal.  However, how can that work - wouldn't it be selfish for someone to delay their own cadre/entity's advancement because s/he was stuck on earth helping everyone else, due to their vow?  How seriously should a Bodhisattva vow be taken?  Do you think it's a vow made by personality, or can it be something decided by Essence?

Bodhisattva is not a Michael Teaching term. I'm sure someone has asked Michael about the Buddhist concept at some time, but I don't remember the specific answer, other than it didn't confirm the thinking behind the term. Partly this is because Michael doesn't seem to agree with "enlightenment" the way most traditions think of the term.

According to the MT, essences simply don't stick around once they've finished their lifetimes on the physical plane.

In counterpoint, there are several cadres that have decided to see the entire drama through from beginning to end. Most of them are incarnating relatively slowly, and skip huge amounts of history between groups of incarnations.

On the gripping hand, time doesn't mean the same thing on the astral as it does on the physical, so having some essences decide to have their last incarnations later than the rest doesn't necessarily hold up the process of integration.

HTH

John Roth

Chiara DB

• Forum Support
  • Love all, trust a few. Harm none.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2011, 07:00:44 AM »
IMO it's definitely the personality who is taking the Bodhisattva vow and not the essence. Essence doesn't need to be enlightened! I think the idea of the Bodhisattva is another one of Buddhism's many clever ways to get people away from identifying with their false personality/ego. Just like you are supposed to do prostrations, keep your altar high, always elevate the picture of the Buddha, etc. It's all meant to kill false personality by taking away its primacy of place by consciously and repeatedly putting others above and before your "self." 

The concept of enlightenment in the MT is different from the concept of enlightenment in Buddhism. They see enlightenment as moments when you are experiencing things through one or more of your higher centers, rather than a constant state of consciousness that is achieved at some point in time.

Tina

• i'm Fishfish Wong <'--<< <'--<<
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2011, 03:05:22 PM »
A person will decide in one life that s/he wants to make the Bodhisattva vow, which is to delay one's own "enlightenment" until all others have reached their goal.

We can get the symbolic meaning of this, i guess. A bodhi heart is the same as Agape.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2011, 03:07:00 PM by Tina »

jk

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2011, 04:39:47 PM »
I thought previously that it was like Transcendental Soul, however now I have googled up some older channeling where Michael specifically describes a difference between Bodhisattvas and manifestations of TS. They said in that material that anybody they know of who calls themselves a Bodhisattva, have extreme indulgence in False Personality.

Chiara DB

• Forum Support
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2011, 06:43:36 PM »
They said in that material that anybody they know of who calls themselves a Bodhisattva, have extreme indulgence in False Personality.

Haha, gotta love the Michaels! Cutting the legs out from under our raging CFs since the time of Baal...

Rosey

• View Profile
    • inDocs inDexing Services
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2011, 06:45:50 PM »
..."anybody they know of who calls themselves a Bodhisattva, ha(s) extreme indulgence in False Personality."

I don't think a Buddhist who took the vow would go around calling themself a Bodhisattava, just like if you're a true Christian you're not supposed to make a show of praying in public.  I can sort of see where taking the vow would be an act of the personality instead of Essence, but the motivation is compassion, so would it be true personality taking the vow or false personality?

Chiara DB

• Forum Support
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2011, 09:04:52 PM »
..."anybody they know of who calls themselves a Bodhisattva, ha(s) extreme indulgence in False Personality."

I don't think a Buddhist who took the vow would go around calling themself a Bodhisattava, just like if you're a true Christian you're not supposed to make a show of praying in public.  I can sort of see where taking the vow would be an act of the personality instead of Essence, but the motivation is compassion, so would it be true personality taking the vow or false personality?

Yes! The greatest Buddhist teachers would NEVER go around calling themselves Bodhisattvas! They call themselves worthless or stupid or dull, even thought they are clearly not. The only type of person I can think of who would actually call themselves a Bodhisattva would be some new age charlatan trying to get followers.

I think whether taking the vow was an act of false or true personality would depend on the person. I'm sure there are people who take the vow because it puffs up their ego to think of how incredibly devoted and self-sacrificing they are, or it soothes their guilt, or makes them feel righteous, or makes their Mom or spouse or friends happy, etc.  In other words, their actual reasons for doing it differ from their stated reasons.

John Roth

• Forum Support
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2011, 09:44:43 PM »
I think that if Essence wants to take another few lifetimes after it's possible to cycle off, Essence will do that. I seriously doubt that most Essences will devote such a lifetime to teaching or trying to uplift the rest of the human race; they almost certainly have learned the futility of such pursuits.

Now, if they've made teaching agreements with a bunch of students for that lifetime, that's a rather different matter.

HTH

John Roth