The Overleaves > The Seven Modes

"vividly _____ "

<< < (2/3) > >>

Dave:
Passion can also lead to intense suffering if you're not careful. One of the Michael books states that people in passion can suffer with more agony than anyone else. And if you're unfortunate enough to have overleaves that draw your expression inward, that must be a deep, protracted pain that cruelly and incessantly implodes. Ugh! 

I'm also in passion/realism, and there is indeed a push/pull effect that abrades in a Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde sort of way. My passion implores me to leap and bound through the world like that large hairy dog, Howard Huge, but my inner realist constantly wants to slow down and assess the beautiful things around me from an objective stance. It's a stark contrast of seeing everything in the world as bigger than life, coupled with a constant obstructionist who only wants to see the unvarnished truth. That's not only abrading, it can feeling like perpetually diving off a high board and belly flopping.

This constant push/pull eventually makes one a bit neurotic. I've managed to find the happy medium by expressing myself in ways where it's perfectly normal to feel passion but exercise big picture objectivism at the same time, like when performing music.

And that classic Python skit takes me back to the late 70s when I used to huddle around the TV and watch those syndicated shows, or wear out my Python records. Great times.

Best,
Dave

Chiara DB:
I can vouch for the idea that Passion leads to intense suffering -- I've certainly experienced that with the Mister. Dave, from all your past life readings you've been posting of late, and knowing the overleaves you have this time around, your essence must be playing at the advanced level, enjoying and capable of handling a good challenge :) I like what you said about the combination of expression and control that is musical performance. That is so true, and the endless paradoxes of playing an instrument (or being one, as it were) is one of the reasons why it is such a fulfilling activity to me. All functions are ON, or else the thing doesn't go. Or least it doesn't go very well :)

Velleity:

Yes, John Cleese's character is usually my realist attitude... suggesting I probably can't tame lion armadillos with just a hat...

But Erg. Suffering... check.

Mine also seems to cycle. Getting slightly carried away, then crashing back to reality... probably because I'm not at the moment putting my passion into something where it can stay (i.e. 'the arts'. like you said Dave). I had it nearly perfectly balanced for only one year, 6 years ago. And it was fabulous. Passion had a direction, and outlet, and realist made me come home for dinner and books.

I wouldn't trade passion though (not for this lifetime anyway).

Dave:

--- Quote from: Elisabeth on May 10, 2011, 07:12:07 AM ---
Yes, John Cleese's character is usually my realist attitude... suggesting I probably can't tame lion armadillos with just a hat…

--- End quote ---

Well, if you ever do, be sure to post a picture on Facebook.   :D

Best,
Dave 

Dave:

--- Quote from: Chiara DB on May 10, 2011, 02:23:14 AM ---I can vouch for the idea that Passion leads to intense suffering -- I've certainly experienced that with the Mister. Dave, from all your past life readings you've been posting of late, and knowing the overleaves you have this time around, your essence must be playing at the advanced level, enjoying and capable of handling a good challenge :)

--- End quote ---

Since overleaves are usually selected to aid with the life task or other similar ventures, it would be interesting to know what I was thinking -- if anything.  ;) My initial guess is that I clearly required passion for my pursuits, but threw in realist to avoid the leap before you look kind of passion that ignores the available choices and jumps off the cliff without a bungee cord because someone thought it was a fun idea.

Best,
Dave

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version