Author Topic: Robert Burton  (Read 10093 times)

mtscholar

• View Profile
Robert Burton
« on: September 03, 2011, 04:44:13 PM »
In some early channelings, Michael says that "THE MAN, ROBERT BURTON, WILL BE A VEHICLE FOR THE MANIFESTATION OF THE HIGH CAUSAL BODY." (A number of the earliest Michael group members came from the Gurdjieff tradition; Burton was involved with the Gurdjieiff teachings).

They also say "THE EGO SEEKS INTRIGUE AND ADVENTURE; THE ESSENCE DOES NOT. THIS IS WHY THE MAN ROBERT BURTON COULD PLAY IT STRAIGHT. HE HAD PERMISSION TO HAVE A FEMALE FOLLOWING, AND THERE WAS NO GUILT. THERE WAS ALSO NO EGO-SATISFACTION. THIS IS WHY HE COULD NOT BE SEDUCED — SEDUCTION WAS NOT A SUITABLE REWARD TO HIM."

At the same time, there are allegations of sexual coercion that were put forward against Burton.

When I first encountered Burton's name years ago, I remember puzzling over all of this. I've just encountered this information again, both the very high role Michael says Burton was to fulfill, and the less than flattering accounts of Burton elsewhere.

Has anybody else pondered this?

Chiara DB

• Forum Support
  • Love all, trust a few. Harm none.
    • View Profile
Re: Robert Burton
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2011, 06:23:40 PM »
My first reaction when I read this was LOL. The excerpt itself seems quite fragmented and scattered to me. and the utter chaos and maya that permeated the guy's life makes it seem highly unlikely that he was a vehicle for anything but the normal brilliant self-destructive oversexed artist kind of thing. But I'm interested in hearing about the unknown ascetic side of Richard Burton, LOL!

My second reaction was, could they possibly be talking about Rock Hudson instead?

jo

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2011, 11:10:49 PM »
Are you talking about the actor Robert Burton?
« Last Edit: December 02, 2011, 06:20:01 PM by jo »

mtscholar

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2011, 01:25:47 AM »
I wasn't talking about any actor at all. Rather, I was talking about a man who at least claimed he was a teacher in the Gurdjieff school.

doodeedoo

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2011, 02:01:46 AM »
Yeah man, what's up with that? This guy right http://www.beingpresent.org/index.php?toc=Robert-Earl-Burton I don't know anything about him, but if he was sexually coercive that is very messed up.

It made me doubt 'Michael' a little bit. Someone should ask Michael for updates on this guy, if he isn't a creep. I duno, I didn't get too into the website, it didn't really resonate with me.

In the transcripts it also said there was someone alive who was going to refute the bible and stuff. I would like updates on that. Did he change his mind?

Chiara DB

• Forum Support
  • Love all, trust a few. Harm none.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2011, 04:26:06 AM »
Oh, hahah! I was thinking of Richard Burton - I'll just shut up and go away now..... :-X

John Roth

• Forum Support
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2011, 01:58:07 PM »
Yeah man, what's up with that? This guy right http://www.beingpresent.org/index.php?toc=Robert-Earl-Burton I don't know anything about him, but if he was sexually coercive that is very messed up.

It made me doubt 'Michael' a little bit. Someone should ask Michael for updates on this guy, if he isn't a creep. I duno, I didn't get too into the website, it didn't really resonate with me.

In the transcripts it also said there was someone alive who was going to refute the bible and stuff. I would like updates on that. Did he change his mind?

Since I haven't seen the transcripts I have no idea what you're talking about. "Refute the bible?" The Bible is huge. Specifically what in the bible were they talking about?

However. There was quite a bit of talk about another manifestation of the Infinite Soul sometime in the near future. Then it got postponed to the 30s, and now it might have been called off because either we're doing well enough without it, or it's washed its hands of us. (Take your pick.)

About the Burton thing. Something that many Michael students kind of ignore is that Michael is not ominscient. They don't know everything to the last decimal place of accuracy at the snap of a metaphorical finger. (*) Some time ago JP did some channeling on how Michael works. It turns out that they allocate a certain amount of energy to researching a question, and they frequently start with what the questioner knows. If they run out of their search depth before they get out of the web of maya the questioner is embedded in, the result will reflect the maya, not "the truth," whatever that may turn out to be.

So when you get an answer from a cult channel that tells cult members that the cult leader is going to be the Infinite Soul, I'd take it with a large amount of skepticism. What it tells me is that Michael isn't interested in putting a lot of energy into researching the question, nothing more or less. Either that or the channel can't understand what Michael is telling him. (**)

John Roth

(*) What is the sound of one finger snapping?

(**) "It's difficult to get a man to understand something if his job depends on his not understanding it." Upton Sinclair

mtscholar

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2011, 05:04:15 PM »
I never thought for a second that Burton would be the vehicle for the high causal body, just to be clear. It does make me think that perhaps a LOT of filtering was going on due to the channel's previous associations with Burton - but wow, Michael mentions Burton in a number of places - perhaps this person got worse over time.

mtscholar

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2011, 05:14:58 PM »
Chiara.... To make it even more confusing, you may remember that there are two famous Richard Burtons - Liz's and an intrepid Victorian explorer/many other things.