Author Topic: How do I figure out my Role?  (Read 26022 times)

Drury

• View Profile
Re: How do I figure out my Role?
« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2011, 04:08:34 AM »
Priest has been one of the possibilities, and it's true that after my life fell apart through sickness I've been trying to find an all-consuming mission to "solve" my life, but I haven't been able to find one, maybe because I want to help in so many areas that I'm pulled in too many directions and don't know which is "mine," and sometimes Earth’s problems seem overwhelming.  Is my mission to help people, pets, wild animals, plants?  I have great ideas about how to "save" the world and if I was appointed dictator I’d have it straightened up in no time, lol.  It is upsetting and irritating to me that people don't like to look at the truth of what they do (and I'm not exempting myself) and allow themselves to be run by superstition and those with power and money, and one of my main life lessons seems to be to learn more compassion rather than withdraw from people who aren’t alternative because their values are so different than mine.  Unless, of course, they specifically need me, and then I jump right in to help.  But when it comes right down to it, I tend to back off from confrontations and don't sound much at all like a Priest in the book 7 Personality Types.  On the other hand, I just looked again at the personality test on this site and can see why you’d bring it up.  hmmm...  I’m not sure what to think.  I am very sensitive to not “crusading” and pushing people where they don’t want to go.  So, okay, I can see Priest as a possibility if it’s according to this site, but not the high-powered individual in Elizabeth Puttick’s book who frequently can’t have friends but followers instead, and who desert their families because they’re always crusading - that doesn’t sound like me at all, and I’m not a leader in the least, more a loner who loves to hang out with people who are like me - open-minded, alternative or fun-loving works for me.  Plus, I move on when things get tough, and one of my main life lessons has obviously been to break me of that.  ::)  Okay, this sounds garbled, but I wanted to think it through.  Thanks for bringing it up, John - your thoughts were very interesting.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2011, 04:17:04 AM by Drury »

Dave

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Michael Teachings
« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2011, 04:46:20 AM »
Have you tried the role photos page? See if you can find where you fit.

http://www.michaelteachings.com/overleaves_database.html

Best,
Dave

Drury

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 17, 2011, 05:22:39 AM »
Judging by the pictures, I'd maybe be Sage or Priest.  I tried to figure out PM to send you a picture of me to see if you have an idea, but I couldn't figure out how it works.   ::)

Drury

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 17, 2011, 04:38:32 PM »
I found the following about Sages:

"A big part of the role of Sages is to teach the world how to have fun, so they are usually the ones who like to get a party going.  Because of their playful nature, Sages often seem younger than they are or seem to never grow up.  Peter Pan is a good example of an immature Sage.  More mature Sages love to teach and share their wisdom....  Their brains are connected to their mouth and their purpose in life is to communicate whatever they know.  They can do this with or without all the facts at hand."

http://www.itstime.com/sep99.htm

That could also be me since though I am looking for a life mission, I tend to let the world go by and just do my small part by trying to help whoever I'm with.  I do believe I'm Cardinal, though I don't seem as dynamic as the three Cardinals.  At this point I spend much of my life studying, but I've pretty much ruled out Scholar since I don't look much like one, plus I likely engage too much with life to be a Scholar as my primary Role.  So now Priest and Sage are in the running.  I hope I don't go through all the Roles this way before I get my chart.   :D  If anyone is good at looking at eyes/faces and understanding a person's Role, let me know and I can try to PM or e-mail my picture to you.

Chiara DB

• Forum Support
  • Love all, trust a few. Harm none.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 18, 2011, 01:47:53 AM »
Drury, I'd love to give it a shot -- I'm married to a Priest with Sage casting, so maybe my eye will be able to detect something!

Edited:

I just read the guidelines, and I'm not allowed to ask you to contact me! Dave, how can we communicate off-board? I can't figure out how to PM anyone.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2011, 02:05:17 AM by Chiara DB »

Drury

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 18, 2011, 02:04:17 AM »
Thanks, Chiara!  I just sent it, called "Drury from MT," and the forum was down for a bit, thus my P.S. at the bottom of the e-mail.  Any comments you have, you can post them here or e-mail them back.  I'm very curious!

Chiara DB

• Forum Support
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 18, 2011, 02:06:01 AM »
Drury, the second I looked at you, your pictures screamed PRIEST! My husband guessed the same thing too, and he didn't know it was one of the choices you had narrowed down to.

Drury

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 18, 2011, 02:11:42 AM »
Wow, really??  So they don't say Sage at all?  That's interesting - thanks very much!!   :D

I sent a brief "Addition" via e-mail, not realizing you'd already posted. 

Chiara DB

• Forum Support
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 18, 2011, 02:15:06 AM »
I didn't see anything Sage-y, but I did see massive Priest energy :) You're welcome, it was a pleasure!

Dave

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Michael Teachings
« Reply #24 on: April 18, 2011, 02:20:39 AM »
Dave, how can we communicate off-board? I can't figure out how to PM anyone.

My PMs work fine, but I have the forum set-up for all the suggested spam settings, so maybe something is canceling another thing out. I'll check the admin panel and see what's going on.

And if you post email addresses directly to the forum you're running a security risk. I had someone hack my gmail account just a month or two back. They spammed all of my friends. It was a nightmare. It's all made me more paranoid of revealing any kind of personal info.

Best,
Dave

Dave

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Michael Teachings
« Reply #25 on: April 18, 2011, 02:22:19 AM »
I sent you an email Drury, and you can send me a photo there, if you'd like.

Best,
Dave

Drury

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 18, 2011, 02:28:10 AM »
Dave, I just sent pics - thank you!

When I try looking at other people's Profiles, searching for a way to PM, I get the message "Many apologies, but you can't view just any profile" with all Profiles.  Maybe that shouldn't be happening?  Or maybe I'm a Young Soul and need to wait a few lifetimes?  ha ha!  Just kidding.   :D  I'll look around some more and see if I can find PMing.

Chiara DB

• Forum Support
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 18, 2011, 02:40:10 AM »
I'm getting the same message as Drury!

Dave

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Michael Teachings
« Reply #28 on: April 18, 2011, 03:05:06 AM »
Ok, I'll take a look at the settings. I've been worried about spammers, so I think I had everything set to the max. But I'll see what I can do.

Best,
Dave

Drury

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 18, 2011, 04:20:26 AM »
Chiara, if you see this, I sent you another e-mail.   :D