Author Topic: Decording?  (Read 20914 times)

Ulla

• View Profile
Re: Decording?
« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2012, 05:04:20 PM »
To Dave & All ,

Terri C. Benning posted something very insightful on another board, which has a group for discussing "Conscious Essence Contact," explaining:

"In the 80's I worked with both Jacob and Michael in the work I did with others and there were a group of students who worked with both of them as well. The way they explained it to us at the time, it cross-referenced thusly:

Integral Self Focus ~ Essence

Intrinsic Self Focus ~ Fragment

Distinct Self Focus ~ Personality

The Tao itself encompasses all three levels and would resonate to the "Spark" in the MTs.

We can shift our focus  to greater and lesser percentage of awareness in each level at will, according to Jacob and Abraham. We all have constantly fluctuating percentages of our focus "attuned" to each level at each moment and we can consciously CHOOSE to place our focus in any of these levels at any time. It takes practice, but they are all within our reach if we choose to work with them in this way.

This single most damaging "assumption" or "belief" that most people hold about this "higher self" notion is that it somehow exists OUTSIDE of our "normal" waking state of awareness, or "Outside" of our bodies, and that we have all been somehow cast "OUT" from the Tao. In truth we have been cast INTO the Tao, not OUT FROM it. The Tao, or the IS, permeates all states and levels of our being, and we operate completely WITHIN it rather than It, or we, existing in some separate state from it.

They further explained that the INTEGRAL self focus has 360 degree "vision" or perhaps even more accurately, possesses a kind of spherical, or "holistic" awareness of all of it's parts, including concurrents, parallels, past, present and even future selves.

The INTRINSIC self focus is that level that many think of as the "higher self" focus, which is what they termed our "communicator" focus. This level of the self focus is aware of BOTH the Integral self focus and the Distinct self focus at the same time, and runs "AC/DC" meaning it serves to inform each of these "focuses" of the other's perspectives and experiences of things, each from their own perspective. So it is the part of us that does the actual "translation" and "transmission" of information from Essence, or Integral Self Focus, to Personality, or the Distinct Self Focus, and visa versa. It is the INTRINSIC self focus, or the FRAGMENT focus that is used to communicate information from "Higher Plane Sources", according to the perceptions of the Essence/Fragment/Personality "complex" structure, as RA might term it.

The DISTINCT Self Focus is, of course, that part of us which is focused primarily into the physical plane reality, and is what we might term our basic "personality" focus, as it would manifest through the specific overleaves for any given lifetime. The distinct self focus "orders" perceptions into single "units" of perception that allows for the perception of both time and space here on the physical plane. It orders experiences in a primarily linear fashion, and serves to "sequence" events that take place in our lives in an orderly manner. It is that level of perception and awareness that is most easily recognizable as "The Self" here on the physical plane.

Together, all three levels comprise what Jacob termed "The True Self" which exists encompassed WITHIN the Tao Itself."

I think this kind of wisdom goes a long way to explain HOW we function on the Physical Plane.

[Moderator note: Please read the guidelines regarding links.]
« Last Edit: January 22, 2012, 12:37:45 AM by Dave »

Chiara DB

• Forum Support
  • Love all, trust a few. Harm none.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2012, 02:02:32 AM »
In fact, I have spent my life acting harder and colder than I actually am because of them.

I, too, had done this all my life, because of things that happened to me (not what happened to you with your mother, but other things).

Over the years, I have gradually and consciously tried to stop acting this way, because it's not really me.  I am actually a friendly, empathetic person, although some people would never believe it!   ;D    So I can understand where you're coming from.

One thing:  after so many years of acting out this facade, I found it was a habit, and it's difficult to break, so I have to make a conscious effort--but it's worth it.  I feel more comfortable with myself now.

Thanks for sharing that, Betty. It feels weird at first, doesn't it? We come to believe that the hard shell is the only thing keeping us alive and that being softer will surely mean something bad will happen. But man, once you just surrender, it feels so much better - weird, but better! It's been a long process for me, and it's still going on.

Dave

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Michael Teachings
« Reply #17 on: January 23, 2012, 02:23:38 AM »
To Dave & All ,

Terri C. Benning posted something very insightful on another board, which has a group for discussing "Conscious Essence Contact," explaining:

This is somewhat similar in concept to a chapter in Shepherd Hoodwin's book "The Levels of Self", but Terri's terminology is more complicated and unnecessarily dense, in my opinion. These concepts need to be simplified. Once again, I think the Briggs excerpt just makes things worse.

Betty

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 23, 2012, 05:22:21 PM »
We come to believe that the hard shell is the only thing keeping us alive and that being softer will surely mean something bad will happen. But man, once you just surrender, it feels so much better - weird, but better! It's been a long process for me, and it's still going on.

Yes, I am still afraid of the vulnerability of opening myself up, but you're right, it feels better--and more true to myself--when I am able to do that.

And it's an ongoing process for me, too.  I think it always will be.