Author Topic: Introductions  (Read 38751 times)

Littledots

• View Profile
Re: Introductions
« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2011, 03:08:01 AM »
My name is Dorothy and I have been around the Michael Teachings since the beginning.  You see my Mom was Sarah Chambers "Jessica Lansing".  I am mostly a lurker to the on-line Michael world.  every once in awhile do feel the need to jump in with my 2 cents.

I am glad that there is still so much interest in the Teachings after all these years.

Dorothy

astraltravel23

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2011, 01:48:15 PM »
Hi Chiara,
I am new to this forum, too. I just joined but have been keeping abreast of the Michael teachings via Dave's forum on Yahoo groups. I am a fifth old scholar (figures) who stumbled into the Michael Teachings in a metaphysical bookstore here in Chicago many years ago. I bought and read every book that was available, gobbling up the information as fast as I could. I've been a 'seeker on the path' since right after my mother died, when I was 32 and am now 68, so I have studied lots and lots of modalities, thought systems, and anything that I sensed would push me further along. Fifteen or so years ago I traveled to Arkansas for a reading with Joya Pope, which was an amazing experience. I came away with answers to my most perplexing questions and indredible insight about the people who surround me every day. I learned to use the pendulum (from one of Sonia Chaquette's early books) to read the overleaves of people, which resulted in my compiling a large notebook I call my 'book of souls'. Learning people's roles, soul ages and overleaves has given me tremendous acceptance and compassion for everyone. I dropped all judgement. This system has changed how I view the world completely.
I want to say a special "hello' to John Roth, with whom I corresponded briefly years ago. John, you and I must be on the same wavelength as i, too, became captivated with Rajaneesh. In addition to the Michael System I am also very interested in Matrix Energetics, Quantum Entrainment, Bashar and Braco. I just had some Bowen Work done on my physical body and am also interested in finding out how that works. Because I am a Gemini, old soul scholar I am curious about almost everything.
My best to everyone here and I am happy to join this merry band of seekers.
Suzi

Drury

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 17, 2011, 04:49:30 PM »
Hi Suzi!

I'm new to the Michael Teachings, having stumbled upon it within the last couple weeks by starting to read "7 Personality Types," by Elizabeth Puttick.  I'm very interested in archetypes, as well as other methods of personality typing.  I don't yet have my Michael chart so I'm not sure what my Role is.

Your path sounds a little similar to mine in that I've been a seeker for quite a while and have a wide range of interests in the spiritual/energy healing field and have received some Matrix Energetics and Bowen work.  That's a great idea about using the pendulum.  I've also better understood and have more compassion for people since I've learned about personality typing, and I've been getting the feeling lately that I should also work on my own to sort out who I am with regard to MT.

But anyway, welcome, and I'm glad to see so many people here who are very knowledgeable about MT.   :)

Drury

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 17, 2011, 04:54:28 PM »
Dorothy, I meant to post to you last night but it got too late.  Since I know next to nothing about the subject, I googled your mother and read about her role in the MT.  It's hard to believe I've missed this information for such a long time, but I guess the timing wasn't right until now.

As I said, I'm glad to see so many people here who are familar with the MT and can be a resource for those of us just getting started. 

Geoff R.

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 19, 2011, 03:39:41 PM »
Hi all - Geoff here -

I'm a 3rd level mature sage in observation with a goal of reevaluation/retardation, a skeptic in the moving part of the emotional center, with a primary of stubborness and secondary of greed fixated on the discovery of "eternal verities".

Like John, my wife and I are both in the 1st cadre (3rd according to Shepherd's numbering). I'm in entity 7, she's in 1.

I started studying Buddhism and Taoism in my early teens, and soon after discovered the Yarbro Michael books collecting dust on my mom's bookshelf sometime in the mid 80's. Once I started reading them, I could not put them down. Too much of what I read resonated with me in a way that was impossible to dismiss. 20+ years later, I was still completely unaware that there were other Micheal channels and a thriving Michael community, until just a little over a year ago.

In various incarnations this lifetime I have been an art critic in NYC, a painter in Paris, a trekker in the Himalaya, a camel-herding chai aficionado in Rajasthan, a creative director in NYC, a construction worker on Phuket and a discusser of spirituality on Koh Phi-Phi with a former cave-dwelling hermit mystic Krishnamurti devotee. Today, I am a software developer for a digital advertising firm in NYC.

Great to meet everyone here!

SomeOldSoul

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 20, 2011, 08:10:39 PM »
Hi folks,

I stumbled onto the Michael Teachings via Thayer White about 18 months ago while feeling an urge to investigating all things related to being an "Old Soul."  Finding the Michael Teachings description of one was like a light bulb turning on, and has helped myself and a few acquaintances to accept themselves and their place in the world a bit better.

From personal research and reflection, I consider myself a 6th level Old Priest, Goal of Growth, Idealist Attitude, Observation Mode, Moving part of Intellectual Center, Chief Features Self-Deprecation and Self-Destruction.  I'm looking to have all of that confirmed via a reading in the near future (along with getting some elaboration on my Life Task, casting, and verifying my ET).

My soap box is mostly retired at this point, and I tend to lurk rather than post - but will pipe in on occasion if I can help, or if a direct question is asked.  :)

Diomedes

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 25, 2011, 02:16:31 AM »
I am an old Sage, with strong overleaves in growth and spirituality.  I am also competent in several personality tools, such as Myers-Briggs, Keirseyian temperaments, and the Enneagram.  The Michael teachings is excellent to deepen the study of each of these.

Chiara DB

• Forum Support
  • Love all, trust a few. Harm none.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 25, 2011, 02:34:28 AM »
I had a super-awesome post here yesterday welcoming Geoff, SOS and Diomedes, but the server ate it and I don't feel like recreating it, so, I'll just say welcome and it's great to have all you interesting people here!

Drury

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 05, 2011, 05:19:16 AM »
I am an old Sage, with strong overleaves in growth and spirituality.  I am also competent in several personality tools, such as Myers-Briggs, Keirseyian temperaments, and the Enneagram.  The Michael teachings is excellent to deepen the study of each of these.

I forgot this thread was here!  I'm a 6th level mature Sage and am also interested in personality typing.  I've read multiple books on Myers-Briggs, Keirsey (I come across as NF but believe I might be NT - not sure), Enneagrams (I'm 7w6), Carol Tuttle Energy Typing (I'm Type 1 then 4) and other methodologies.  A month ago while reading "7 Personality Types," by Elizabeth Puttick, I discovered the Michael Teachings.

Welcome everyone!

Jondalf

• Banned
  • "deeds cannot dream what dreams can do" - ee cummi
    • View Profile
    • Letters To My Future Selves
« Reply #24 on: May 05, 2011, 10:40:21 PM »
Hey folks,

Welcome to all.  (Diomedes, I know you of old. I felt immediate recognition of shared experience of some sort, probably not this life. Always wondrous to believe I know a new face).

nelly

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 08, 2011, 09:16:09 AM »
Hello everyone,
I'm a 7th level mature artisan living down under...very excited to find a forum where I can get some clarification/assistance. I've been into Michael teachings for about 20 years, but am still boggled by many areas of study - looking forward to talking to you all in the forum! - Nelly

Dave

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Michael Teachings
« Reply #26 on: May 14, 2011, 03:36:20 AM »
It's great to have you here, Nelly.

Best,
Dave

merlyn

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 19, 2011, 06:14:30 AM »
This reads like a beginner's language class where everyone stands up and says HI my name is I come from... awesome!

So Hi my name is Fiona, people also know me as Bridget and Merlyn and yes, I answer to all three. ( see hobbies where you dress up in funny clothes and forget the real world for a while)

I live in Germany but I'm from Canada after having been born and raised for a while in Scotland.

I discovered the Ms around the age of 19 thanks to my little brother who discovered the 1st book in the library. We both read the book and had an a-hah moment where the world clicked into place and it made some sort of sense. I've regarded the teachings as sort of guide lines ever since. My personal motto tends to towards "Be excellent to each other now let me read my book in peace thanks.".

According to the amazing Shepherd H (done in 2004) I am the following combination of bits...
Scholar with a discarnate artisan ET, cadre / entity 1/2, ( not the same 1 as in the common system so this confuses me a lot) power, submission,stoic,passion,intellectual moving part, arrogance (hell yes) soul age 4 manifesting as the same.

I'm either a lot of fun at parties or I sulk in the corner.

I tend to lurk a lot but I've been with Dave's group for a really long time now on and off. I feel more like an observer than an actual player apparently that has to do with my cadre/entity than anything else. Mostly I just like to lurk and read, learn etc... I'm a lot like a moody magpie.

*waves*

Dave

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Michael Teachings
« Reply #28 on: May 19, 2011, 06:39:58 AM »
Welcome, Fiona!   :)

Wow, 1/2 in Shepherd's numbering? That places you in a cadre group that's before the one most Michael students hail from. You're a rarity in these parts. I don't think I've ever encountered anyone from an earlier cadre group. Very cool.

Best,
Dave

Nancy

• Where ever you go, there you are.
    • View Profile
    • Imagine, Ordain, Manifest
« Reply #29 on: May 25, 2011, 12:34:13 AM »
Greetings  :)

I am Nancy, and I'm a total newbie when it comes to the MT.   Found out about them doing a websearch for something completely different (synchonicity being what it is of course).  Been sussing out where I fit within the parameters of MT and an outline has come to me of where I am in the greater scheme of it all...and I am happily surprised at how it all dovetails rather neatly with esoteric astrology and the Cayce readings.   

That being said, I may not say much, and lurk for a while til I get my feet under me.  Right now I am also in the process of studying for my BA in Social Psychology (long story there) whilst being a Domestic Goddess <or as my kids tell me Queen of the Universe>.

Blessings

Nancy :-)