Author Topic: Soul Age. How to spot it  (Read 22490 times)

Sabine

• View Profile
Soul Age. How to spot it
« on: April 13, 2011, 09:16:27 AM »
can soul age be seen in the face? how do you spot it? are there any signs?

Howard

• View Profile
Re: Soul Age. How to spot it
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2011, 09:01:09 PM »
Wisdom is validated by her children. Young souls act like young souls. Old souls live and act like old souls. ~ Howard ~

Stacia

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2011, 12:54:18 AM »
I think that my first feelings of my possible soul age are connected to realizing with certainity that I have lived before.  To have the wisdom and acceptance is indicative to me of growth in this area.  Does anyone agree/disagree?  This is not to say I have specific memories (I don't), just general occassional flashes that I attribute to past lives.  But the wisdom and ability to accept that concept with certainty is in my opinion an indicator of soul age.

ped

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2011, 06:12:29 AM »
I thought all old souls looked and acted like The Dude?! Are you telling me thats just a caricature?

Dave

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Michael Teachings
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2011, 06:51:20 AM »
Stacia,

Memories of past lives certainly indicates that you are sensitive to the deeper recesses of your being. Not everyone possesses that ability, so even if it's not directly related to soul age, it's a worthy gift to nurture.

To explore your soul age, try to determine your overall perspective in life. Do you tend to be philosophical and see yourself in a greater context? (Old soul) Are relationships a central focus and do you thrive on their intensity? (Mature soul) Are you driven to achieve success and high standards of excellence in all things? (Young soul).

Sadly, the catch here is that some old souls might embrace all of those things depending on their life situation. You can be an old soul that manifests at mature in relationships and young in work-related matters. Soul age is difficult to nail down. Finding a good channel might be a good start here, but I suppose if you spent some time looking within and were absolutely honest with what you found, your true perspective might reveal itself to you.

Best,
Dave

Chiara DB

• Forum Support
  • Love all, trust a few. Harm none.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2011, 05:18:31 PM »
I thought all old souls looked and acted like The Dude?! Are you telling me thats just a caricature?

Ahahah! We are all the Dude inside, cleverly disguised as respectable citizens.

mtscholar

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2011, 08:46:57 PM »
How do we differentiate between an early and later phase of a Soul Age? The CQY books, as I recall, give the 7 levels within each age, but those are rather abstract concepts to take as guidance. At times I'm pretty laid back and not all that affected by a lot of the drama going around me, but at other times - especially where personal relationships are concerned - I can be reactive and get hooked into the drama. Mature, yes, but at what level is my question. I'm sure others have questions re the level of their Souls Age too.

John Roth

• Forum Support
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2011, 09:33:43 PM »
How do we differentiate between an early and later phase of a Soul Age? The CQY books, as I recall, give the 7 levels within each age, but those are rather abstract concepts to take as guidance. At times I'm pretty laid back and not all that affected by a lot of the drama going around me, but at other times - especially where personal relationships are concerned - I can be reactive and get hooked into the drama. Mature, yes, but at what level is my question. I'm sure others have questions re the level of their Souls Age too.

It's a bit difficult, however, there are some guidelines. The earliest couple of levels still buy into a lot of the assumptions from the previous age. First and second mature still haven't shaken off a lot of the competitiveness of the Young soul age while first and second Old still haven't quite gotten the message that relationship drama might just be getting in the way of being who they are.

The fifth level really pushes the envelope. Sixth tends to have a lot of self-karma, while seventh really does seem to have most of the lessons of the soul age together.

What you're saying sounds more like early Old rather than Mature. Mature luxuriates in relationship drama. Old still has relationships, and sometimes they can be dramatic, but for the most part the attitude is more "been there, done that, why don't you just settle it, dammit!"

HTH

John Roth

CelestialStarFire

« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2011, 01:03:48 AM »
Some say that soul age can be seen in the eyes....they are the windows of the soul.

How about using the pendulum when in doubt?

I used it plus the tarot, and the one card I picked up was the hermit... that clarified my question

stefan

« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2011, 08:16:14 PM »
@Celestial
Yes, the soul age can be seen through the eyes. But not by optical sight, but through an energetic one.
I'm clairsentience since my childhood, but only due the Michael Teachings I started to train and apply extended. It is a kind of empathy, but in this case, a sensitivity for the essence level.
There is also the possibility of clairvoyance. Through clairvoyance for the essence level, someone can see the color of the soul energy (and can identify the soul age on this way). It's not the same as colors of the body aura which changes constantly but the same I perceive - mere "in color" ;) In both cases it is no optical perceiving.

I know some "conventinal" channels, who reject such ways to "spot" soul ages.
Therefore, I just had to list them :)

Lori

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2011, 08:23:34 AM »
In reading Messages From Michael, beginning at the bottom of page 75, it addresses this question.  Emily asked how to identify soul levels.  Michael said, "Watch for the perceptions of others.  If they differ greatly from those involved, you are probably dealing with a Mature Soul.  You must discriminate between fear, unrest, and craziness."  She then asked if there was an easy way to see this. 

He went on to say, "...Infant souls manifest fear.  This can be seen in their eyes.  This fear is out of proportion to the situation.  The whole business of living is fearful to them.  Baby Souls are guileless and this shows in their eyes.  Young Souls are in a state of unrest.  This often shows in erratic eye movements, the inability to hold eye contact for long.  But then, the Mature Soul finds it difficult to maintain eye contact because of discomfort.  Old Souls have a direct, penetrating stare absent in earlier Cycles.  Wisdom is reflected there."

He went on to say, "...The social behavior of Baby Souls is normally a dead giveaway.  They have none of the smoothness of the older Cycles.  New situations frighten them.  Change of any type is threatening.  The Young Soul is usually polished and poised socially.  The Mature Soul is sometimes nervous in crowds  if the vibrations are bad, but they are exacting in their social relationships.  The Old Soul is casual about everything.  Baby Souls tend to be immaculate about person and home, have strong feelings about hygiene.  They live by standard cliches, and after all, "Cleanliness is next to Godliness."  The Young Soul often deeps external appearances:  shove everything into the closet before the company comes.  The Mature Soul goes in spurts:  one day clean, the next day, not too clean.  The Old Soul usually does not bother to shove anything into the closet.  Who cares?  The Baby Soul regularly cleans drawers, cupboards, and the tops of refrigerators."

"Let it be known that intellect is not a factor in any of these Cycles."

Hope this helps.  Glad I type fast!

Velleity

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2011, 10:33:33 AM »
The Mature Soul goes in spurts:  one day clean, the next day, not too clean.  The Old Soul usually does not bother to shove anything into the closet.  Who cares? 

Haha! This seems to be the difference between myself and my (most likely) old soul bf. I'm forever either 'quite clean', or untidy and disorganized. My bf says he doesn't expect me to do housework at all (even though I'm currently unemployed) and I thought "What??? I'm here, I might as well clean, and it won't get clean unless I start to do it". But even then, I still only manage to get around to it 'sometimes'.  ;) Seems fine to me though.

My whole family must be mature souls though, we all have a tendency (in our own living areas) of 'cleaning the entire house' on one day and basking in the glory of vacuumed carpets and dusted rooms. Then all do it again in a few weeks' time after looking at the mess that starts to invade again.

Chiara DB

• Forum Support
  • Love all, trust a few. Harm none.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2011, 06:02:21 PM »
I love having a clean house, but I haven't yet mastered the zen of making housecleaning into a valuable spiritual exercise that I like doing. Maybe when I become a famous opera singer, we can afford to have a maid ;D

Dave

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Michael Teachings
« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2011, 08:27:31 PM »
The Old Soul is casual about everything. The Old Soul usually does not bother to shove anything into the closet.  Who cares? 

Great quotes, Lori.  ;-) 

I can't shove anything into my closets because if I open them I'll be smothered by an avalanche of junk. And I've never been bothered by dirt in the house. Earthy is a good thing. If the dog does something bad, you can just bury it in the living room.

Best,
Dave

Dave

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Michael Teachings
« Reply #14 on: April 20, 2011, 10:14:13 PM »
I love having a clean house, but I haven't yet mastered the zen of making housecleaning into a valuable spiritual exercise that I like doing. Maybe when I become a famous opera singer, we can afford to have a maid ;D

Ooh, if you get a full-time gig with the Met, could you remember dear old Dave and send him complimentary copies of all their latest DVDs? ;-)  I still need to acquire their rendition of Peter Grimes, Carmen, Doctor Atomic, and Hansel & Gretel. In H & G, I watched a YouTube clip where Sasha Cooke does a gorgeous rendition of the Sandman, and then the following duet is just a wonderful lesson in musicianship. I love how the mezzo in the duet carries her phrases: coming forward when the line dictates, while shading when necessary. Such elegance. There's absolutely no ego here, just pure music and impeccable musicianship.

Here's the YouTube clip (apologies for the off-topic tangent):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BNyy0CqnjVU

Best,
Dave
« Last Edit: April 20, 2011, 10:24:23 PM by Dave Gregg »