Author Topic: The seven types of personality book  (Read 5492 times)

jflozevis

• View Profile
The seven types of personality book
« on: March 09, 2016, 07:40:02 PM »
I discovered Michael Teachings after reading this book in its French version.

What is odd in this book is that it does not talk about soul age maybe to avoid displeasing people who do not believe in reincarnation.
It talks about 'perspectives' and these perspectives are:
- survival (infant)
- rules (baby)
- competition (young)
- relations (mature)
- philosophy (old)

Nevertheless, it's a good book to introduce Michael Teachings. It talks mainly about roles and a very little bit about overleaves.
It's one of my preferred books.

Chiara DB

• Forum Support
  • Love all, trust a few. Harm none.
    • View Profile
Re: The seven types of personality book
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2016, 11:14:33 PM »
I think there are several Michael books out there that try to present the material to a wider audience by leaving out the less empirical aspects of the teachings, and focusing more on the things people can use no matter what their belief system is. So they're not going to talk about reincarnation, channeling, planes of existence, etc., but only the useful information about personalities and how to understand others.

I don't know if Tao to Earth and Earth to Tao, by Jose Stevens, ever made it into French translations, but I find those to be the most methodical and complete Michael books.

Dave

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Michael Teachings
Re: The seven types of personality book
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2016, 10:17:50 AM »
JF, those perspectives ARE the soul ages. As Chiara mentions, Jose Stevens used to refer to them that way to avoid alienating more mainstream students who attended his classes. There was hope for a while of reaching the larger masses with the teachings. Several people tried but mostly failed. I think Yarbro's original books actually reached the largest audience, but she already had a following that avidly read her horror novels.

Best,
Dave