The Seven Roles > Artisan

How to tell if I'm an Artisan?

<< < (2/4) > >>

KarenH:
You sound so cuddly, Dave. I think cuddly comes under the heading of "cute."

Chiara DB:
Dave, whatever you didn't get in cuteness, you got in sense of humor, which we know is almost the same thing ("Why did you fall in love with him?" "He made me laugh!")!

jk:
I would say that Artisan will be manually gifted, possibly artistic. They may be into science, or at least asking "how are things made?". It is also important to consider casting. Far more often people come across as the Role of their casting than their Essence role. Are they making stuff with their hands? Definitely yes? Then they are very probably Artisans. But even this apparently may have exceptions - i.e. one can be an Artisan and for some reason not create.

Velleity:
I think my boyfriend's probably an artisan (or has a big artisan component), and it really gets through to me as 'seeing patterns', wondering how things fit together, and usually being adept at seeing that picture of the world. For example, he's a bicycle courier, which I find amazing, that he can be aware of so much going on at one time, his jobs to do, how many he can pick up and bring from one side of town to the other, where and which order to drop them off in, while weaving in and out of traffic and managing not to get hit by cars. That's probably his 5 inputs at work. But it's still all a puzzle to be pieced together from multiple parts.

He also really enjoys cooking and figuring out what ingredients go together well, having a real interest in recipes and then not always following them.

I also asked him once what he generally thinks about during the day, and he said that he goes around mostly wondering how things are made... buildings, devices, structures, bikes, space, anything. Oh and he's quite into his bike and is constantly putting different/new parts on it at a bike shop downtown. He majored in photography in university, built his own computer from parts, 'knows' computers' structures, is interested in things like sacred geometry, politics, and yep, is 'crafty' (figuring out ways to beat the system) and pretty handy. He also worked in a butchery, and at an insurance firm inputting data and designing/organizing a system to hold all the information. Not very showy, but is a bit rough around the edges. One of those rugged silent artisans who's into his 'craft'. 

I have a discarnate artisan ET, but it tends to manifest more in me having too many clothes and being generally creative. (well, and much more, like adding beetroot to a stirfry and making it all pink...).

But I'm still pretty amazed at how geared-toward and conscious he is of 'systems'. Pretty evident. When I was having a hard time 'following the rules' of art school (which is where we met) he said I just had to play the system enough until I was done, and I realized how not good I am at doing that (in comparison).

KarenH:

--- Quote from: Elisabeth on April 18, 2011, 08:45:48 AM ---He also really enjoys cooking and figuring out what ingredients go together well, having a real interest in recipes and then not always following them.
--- End quote ---

Bingo. I collect recipes, but once I got the system down for a particular type of food, the recipes became guidelines.  I almost never follow one to the letter, unless I find that I don't have a technique down pat yet.  I find this is typical of identified artisans I know.

--- Quote ---I also asked him once what he generally thinks about during the day, and he said that he goes around mostly wondering how things are made... buildings, devices, structures, bikes, space, anything. Oh and he's quite into his bike and is constantly putting different/new parts on it at a bike shop downtown. He majored in photography in university, built his own computer from parts, 'knows' computers' structures, is interested in things like sacred geometry, politics, and yep, is 'crafty' (figuring out ways to beat the system) and pretty handy. He also worked in a butchery, and at an insurance firm inputting data and designing/organizing a system to hold all the information. Not very showy, but is a bit rough around the edges. One of those rugged silent artisans who's into his 'craft'. 

But I'm still pretty amazed at how geared-toward and conscious he is of 'systems'. Pretty evident. When I was having a hard time 'following the rules' of art school (which is where we met) he said I just had to play the system enough until I was done, and I realized how not good I am at doing that (in comparison).
--- End quote ---

Systems, exactly.  Structure.  I'm always wondering how things work. 

I looked at the coding for quoting in replies here in this forum and figured out it was some kind of modified HTML code.  So I decided to try it out, and voila!  I now have control over at least one aspect of quoting on this forum.  I don't know why, but doing stuff like that tickles me pink.  Possibly because I'm an artisan.   :D

So, what if I decided to manually bold or italicize something?  Cool!  Same process, except with square brackets!

What?  Use the buttons at the top of the editing window?  Where's the fun in that?

--Karen H.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version