General > General Discussion

Why do we have ten fingers?

<< < (5/6) > >>

John Roth:

--- Quote from: Tina on July 05, 2011, 02:24:31 PM ---I can understand that Chiara DB was saying from the standpoint of someone who takes care of the forum. If I were the one who is responsible for answering all those questions on the forum, the first thing come to my mind when i see a question will also be that if i have the possible answer for the question and naturally tells if it is a "Michael question".

From my point of view, I don't expose to Michael teaching enough to tell if Michael can answer one of my questions. When a question comes to my mind, my first thought is that Michael might have answer for that question. There is possibility for the answer. And in the question "why do we have ten fingers and toes", it's possible that the over simplified question may sound like I am looking for reason for this why. But I am not asking why don't we have flippers. In that case, I really need to ask a biologist, or maybe a 5- year-old.  Actually i am asking if this number ten has some correlation with Michael teachings. I have to apologize that I unpredictably manifest at Baby1st level from time to time when I am speaking in English, I guarantee that I will be far more complicated speaking in my mother tongue. :-*

--- End quote ---

The MT seems to have a fondness for the numbers 3, 4, 7 and 12. I seem to remember a channeling where they said the fundamental numbers for this universe were 2, 3, and 7, and that other universes had different fundamental numbers.

On the other hand, some versions of string theory use octonian fields which is where they get 10 (or 11 if you add time) dimensions. (And no, I don't intend to discuss it; I've often expressed the notion that they'd solve all of the problems if they let Schrodinger's Kitten loose.)

My observation is that some numbers seem to come from common experience - four, for example, seems to be quite natural for directions. I have yet to hear of a culture that expresses directions in a hexagon, for example. Other things seem to be culturally dependent: Chinese mysticism, for example, uses 5 extensively. There are five elements rather than the western classical four elements.

Seven appears to be popular: in psychology it's part of the notorious "7 +/- 2" for the number of items that it's possible to remember at one time. Chunking things in 7s is a good way to organize information if people have to be able to hold it in their head and remember it.

HTH

John Roth

jk:
The most fundamental number (and not just according to Michael) of this universe, seems to be number 7. Which is not to say that there are no other special numbers.

The "specialness" of 7 can be validated in physics:
Musical scales have 7 tones, light breaks into 7 colors etc. It seems to me to be the number of "fragments" various energies in this universe break into naturally.

7 is special in many religions and I suspect this comes from various "prophets" or what we would call channels, obtaining some universal truths.

Anyways, Tina, like I said, you are not the first one to have asked Michael that question. I gave you the answer they have given, and they did not elaborate on that any further as far as I remember.

I actually appreciate your question because it indirectly made me rethink these things and how can we validate them.

John Roth:

--- Quote from: jk on July 05, 2011, 06:38:07 PM ---The most fundamental number (and not just according to Michael) of this universe, seems to be number 7. Which is not to say that there are no other special numbers.

The "specialness" of 7 can be validated in physics:
Musical scales have 7 tones, light breaks into 7 colors etc.

--- End quote ---

Light does not break into 7 colors, regardless of what you were taught. The next time you see a real rainbow, check how many colors you can see. It'll almost certainly be 5, not 7. The notion that there are 7 colors in a rainbow is a fiction by people who like the notion of the number 7, and it continues because people aren't willing to look at what's in front of their faces and challenge received wisdom.

The same is true of the musical scale: the scale we use in the West isn't universal by any means. It simply happens to be the one we're used to.

John Roth

Tina:

--- Quote from: John Roth on July 05, 2011, 03:06:41 PM ---The MT seems to have a fondness for the numbers 3, 4, 7 and 12. I seem to remember a channeling where they said the fundamental numbers for this universe were 2, 3, and 7, and that other universes had different fundamental numbers.

On the other hand, some versions of string theory use octonian fields which is where they get 10 (or 11 if you add time) dimensions. (And no, I don't intend to discuss it; I've often expressed the notion that they'd solve all of the problems if they let Schrodinger's Kitten loose.)
--- End quote ---

10 dimensions of space as a concept has also been mentioned in Buddhist sutras. They said "10 fang shijie" in Chinese, which I translate word by word as "10 dimensional worlds".


--- Quote from: John Roth on July 05, 2011, 03:06:41 PM ---My observation is that some numbers seem to come from common experience - four, for example, seems to be quite natural for directions. I have yet to hear of a culture that expresses directions in a hexagon, for example. Other things seem to be culturally dependent: Chinese mysticism, for example, uses 5 extensively. There are five elements rather than the western classical four elements.
--- End quote ---
Yes, earth element is a bridge and catalytic element of the other four elements in Chinese traditional culture. In my birth information, 3/4 are earth. So it's unlike astrology, it doesn't mean it's a fixed element.


--- Quote from: John Roth on July 05, 2011, 03:06:41 PM ---Chunking things in 7s is a good way to organize information if people have to be able to hold it in their head and remember it.
--- End quote ---
But i'm still kind of superstitious about 7.


--- Quote from: John Roth on July 05, 2011, 03:06:41 PM ---HTH
John Roth

--- End quote ---

YIH, yes it helps. Thanks a lot!

Tina:

--- Quote from: jk on July 05, 2011, 06:38:07 PM ---The most fundamental number (and not just according to Michael) of this universe, seems to be number 7. Which is not to say that there are no other special numbers.

The "specialness" of 7 can be validated in physics:
Musical scales have 7 tones, light breaks into 7 colors etc. It seems to me to be the number of "fragments" various energies in this universe break into naturally.

7 is special in many religions and I suspect this comes from various "prophets" or what we would call channels, obtaining some universal truths.

Anyways, Tina, like I said, you are not the first one to have asked Michael that question. I gave you the answer they have given, and they did not elaborate on that any further as far as I remember.

I actually appreciate your question because it indirectly made me rethink these things and how can we validate them.

--- End quote ---

Hugs~~~ :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version