The Seven Roles > Sage

Positive & Negative Traits of Sage

<< < (2/5) > >>

Jondalf:
To paraphrase:

Sages are pathologically driven, by their very nature, to collect and store data, knowledge and occasionally even wisdom. "Raison d'etre" being: to make sure said stored memes are distributed as widely as possible. Positive pole: Expression; Negative: Verbosity/Oration
Gifted to write and speak well, they often construct new forms of language, syllogisms and enthymemes.
Edified when center of attention, they seek the spotlight habitually.  Less than 6% of totality of Roles extant, only Kings are more rare (2%)

Combinations of Sage/King Task Companions/Work Groups can, by themselves, totally change the course of ANY shared Lifetime's ongoing Calculated Probable Timeline Vector-Sum, within that shared lifetime's alloted chronology. Think Arthur & Merlin.  No such dedicated combo has been known to fail the implementation of their preconceived agenda upon History, so potent is this dipole. There is no other two-part 'working group' as effective. The two group roles/positions being: Will (Physics), and Control (Mathmatics). Either can be embodied by either.

AnnH:
A Sage who is acting out of the positive poles is actively using his/her audience input and paying attention to the energy coming from the audience.  In other words, the Sage is listening to the audience and attempting to speak a truth in a way the audience can hear/understand or feel and resonate with.  When I'm in the positive pole, I think I just want the audience to feel a little less alone in the world.  It's not about me but about them--the audience.  When I'm in oration, it's allll about me.

AnnH

Dave:
My Sage father frequently slides to oration whenever he's in the car with me. I don't know if it's his ecstatic realization that AT LAST he finally has a captive, but his ensuing monologue of incessant verbiage often leaves me fantasying about driving the car into on-coming traffic.  ;)

Best,
Dave

jk:

--- Quote from: Dave on May 14, 2011, 04:07:49 AM ---My Sage father frequently slides to oration whenever he's in the car with me. I don't know if it's his ecstatic realization that AT LAST he finally has a captive, but his ensuing monologue of incessant verbiage often leaves me fantasying about driving the car into on-coming traffic.  ;)
--- End quote ---
Oh gosh that reminds me of someone I know. I don't know their Role, but I know the feeling! And when she runs out of things to say, she will just start repeating the ones she has mentioned already. Sometimes I realise in the middle of the conversation she has asked me a question and I have no idea what she has been saying for the past few minutes.

Dave:

--- Quote from: jk on May 14, 2011, 10:27:46 PM ---
--- Quote from: Dave on May 14, 2011, 04:07:49 AM ---My Sage father frequently slides to oration whenever he's in the car with me. I don't know if it's his ecstatic realization that AT LAST he finally has a captive, but his ensuing monologue of incessant verbiage often leaves me fantasying about driving the car into on-coming traffic.  ;)
--- End quote ---
Oh gosh that reminds me of someone I know. I don't know their Role, but I know the feeling! And when she runs out of things to say, she will just start repeating the ones she has mentioned already. Sometimes I realise in the middle of the conversation she has asked me a question and I have no idea what she has been saying for the past few minutes.

--- End quote ---

Don't let that person get in the car with you. It could be dangerous.  :D

Best,
Dave

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version