General > Astrology

Michael & Astrology

<< < (3/4) > >>

Nancy:

--- Quote from: John Roth on June 09, 2011, 09:02:09 PM ---
--- Quote from: jk on June 09, 2011, 09:29:48 AM ---
--- Quote ---What would be a reason I fit so poorly?  I was born 3 weeks early, which would have made me an Aquarius, but I’m not sure that matters.  I have Capricorn in sun, moon and mercury, and my rising sign is Virgo, though I don’t know what any of that means.
--- End quote ---
I believe that would do it. Michael once said that Astrology based on DOB is inaccurate for this reason and that it would be more fitting if we went by date of conception.

For myself I definitely see a correlation between my Astrological and Michael chart.

--- End quote ---

There's always been an issue in astrology about the "correct" birth time to use. Astrologers I respect rectify charts, and only accept birth times that produce accurate results. Of course, this doesn't really help when you want to rush into print with an analysis of the latest person to hit the news so you catch it before the public turns to the next ephemeral sensation. It takes work.

Michael's comment about the time of conception is at least consistent with basic astrological theory: that's when the fetus starts growing, so it's definitely a beginning. It's just that it's awfully hard to pin down in a lot of cases.

John Roth

--- End quote ---

Hi John,

I actually know when I was conceived within about two hours (heh, my mother, what can I say?) and using that information I have to say that it does *not* fit me at the least bit.  But then again I also know exactly when I was born, to the minute and that chart definitely fits me.   

I can rectify a chart (I had to do it for my husband cos MIL could not remember exactly when he was born and his birth certificate was half way around the world at the time).  I managed to get it within 6 minutes (shocked the hell out of myself with that one) when we finally did receive the certified/translated copy.  I still go with the rectified one.

And so it goes

Blessings
Nancy

John Roth:

--- Quote from: Nancy on June 10, 2011, 08:34:46 AM ---
--- Quote from: John Roth on June 09, 2011, 09:02:09 PM ---
--- Quote from: jk on June 09, 2011, 09:29:48 AM ---
--- Quote ---What would be a reason I fit so poorly?  I was born 3 weeks early, which would have made me an Aquarius, but I’m not sure that matters.  I have Capricorn in sun, moon and mercury, and my rising sign is Virgo, though I don’t know what any of that means.
--- End quote ---
I believe that would do it. Michael once said that Astrology based on DOB is inaccurate for this reason and that it would be more fitting if we went by date of conception.

For myself I definitely see a correlation between my Astrological and Michael chart.

--- End quote ---

There's always been an issue in astrology about the "correct" birth time to use. Astrologers I respect rectify charts, and only accept birth times that produce accurate results. Of course, this doesn't really help when you want to rush into print with an analysis of the latest person to hit the news so you catch it before the public turns to the next ephemeral sensation. It takes work.

Michael's comment about the time of conception is at least consistent with basic astrological theory: that's when the fetus starts growing, so it's definitely a beginning. It's just that it's awfully hard to pin down in a lot of cases.

John Roth

--- End quote ---

Hi John,

I actually know when I was conceived within about two hours (heh, my mother, what can I say?) and using that information I have to say that it does *not* fit me at the least bit.  But then again I also know exactly when I was born, to the minute and that chart definitely fits me.   

I can rectify a chart (I had to do it for my husband cos MIL could not remember exactly when he was born and his birth certificate was half way around the world at the time).  I managed to get it within 6 minutes (shocked the hell out of myself with that one) when we finally did receive the certified/translated copy.  I still go with the rectified one.

And so it goes

Blessings
Nancy

--- End quote ---

I can't say I'm surprised. Astrologers have to have an extremely hard-headed approach to validation because it's really easy to talk yourself into seeing a match where it really isn't there. I know of astrologers who always, and I mean always, rectify charts. They won't interpret a chart unless they've got the life history data that validates the birth time they're using. It's the GIGO principle - if you let crap into your head from "interpretations" of charts with wrong birth times, then crap is going to come out.

The thing about conception charts is that the current approaches are all "tuned" to birth charts; what a conception chart looks like and how it's to be interpreted is relatively unexplored territory.

John Roth

jo:

--- Quote from: Chiara DB on April 25, 2011, 02:41:33 AM ---I think the role and the casting can be accurately compared to sun sign and rising sign, but further than that I have not attempted to make any correlations.

--- End quote ---
As I am also an aries, I think it´s also connected to flow. Because aries says: "Get lively again". And this feels/felt more or less right.
 I don´t know if it fits with artisan and priest casting.

John Roth:

--- Quote from: jo on January 06, 2012, 09:29:38 AM ---
--- Quote from: Chiara DB on April 25, 2011, 02:41:33 AM ---I think the role and the casting can be accurately compared to sun sign and rising sign, but further than that I have not attempted to make any correlations.

--- End quote ---
As I am also an aries, I think it´s also connected to flow. Because aries says: "Get lively again". And this feels/felt more or less right.
 I don´t know if it fits with artisan and priest casting.

--- End quote ---

I would think it fits more with your mode. Aries is cardinal fire, which means it's initiating and enthusiastic.

jo:
I also found it very interesting, that I have Pluto and Scorpion in the third House. And Mercury in the 8th.

@John Yes, that could be true, in an ordinal way (casting).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version