Author Topic: The Economy  (Read 7596 times)

Doris

• View Profile
The Economy
« on: April 11, 2011, 08:56:02 AM »
What is Michael's take on the current economy? Will it ever be the same again?

Doris

John Roth

• Forum Support
    • View Profile
Re: The Economy
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2011, 04:24:04 AM »
I don't believe Michael has channeled on that subject, at least through the channels I listen to regularly. They tend not to give specific predictions, so I wouldn't expect anything.

In MfM, they said that the current situation is somewhat similar to what it was in Rome under Augustus, when "luxury was easily available." This was in the late 1970s. The way I read it is that the luxury we've become used to in the west is likely to become less and less available over time.

Have fun
John Roth

Nancy Gordon

• Michael Channel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2011, 03:27:39 PM »
I think John has it right, that Michael tends not to be very specific about current events.  Their perspective is much broader.  Besides, they do expect that we will manage today's business ourselves eventually.  That's why as a channel I am reluctant to take questions about Japan, elections, today's storms, etc., to them.  When the original group asked about make of car to buy, or what was wrong with the computer, they didn't brush these off as irrelevant, but they didn't really give specific answers.  Instead they either offered a raft of possibilities as remedial action, or they suggested that the questioner ask him/herself a bunch of questions leading to better understanding of the problem and a possible solution.

Wayne

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2011, 07:34:21 AM »
Is it because the questions to Michael aren't specific enough?

ped

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2011, 09:38:08 AM »
no. it's because if they gave specifics and get it wrong than it totally invalidates the "channel." the ambiguity and parables keep a safe wiggle room, like psychics doing cold readings or horoscopes. basically a way to not answer the question but seem like it did.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2011, 09:41:11 AM by ped »

jk

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2011, 11:12:41 AM »
What is Michael's take on the current economy? Will it ever be the same again?
Regardless of what Michael would say on the subject, my own understanding is that nothing can even be quite the same again since nothing is static and certainly not economy.

As for concrete and vague answers from Michael, I have seen both. Certainly, sometimes it may be a problem with the question. However, Michael certainly often gives concrete answers and to give an example of this, it was a channeling about some health problems. I was recommended pretty concrete things. One of them proved to be problematic, others were helpful.
Often when they choose to be vague, they even explain it is because they believe that the person needs to arrive at the answer themselves. And I completely understand this, in these instances. Imagine you see clearly what someone's personality issues are. But you know they are not conscious of these issues. You could just blurt it out at them. If they were ready to hear it, it might help (I certainly got some of those from Michael). If they are not, they will only raise their defenses and you will not get through anyway. As a rule of thumb I would say they tend not to say something if chances are high that this will only strengthen the False Personality. They will also not do your work for you, your own insights are more valuable to you than having them handed to you on a silver plate.

John Roth

• Forum Support
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2011, 06:27:37 PM »
I had a bit of a tussle on another list about the nature of the Akashic Records, so I suspect a review of what that has to do with channeling about current events might be in order.

Basically, Michael's information source is the Akashic records, and that is a record of everyone's experience of reality. It's not the underlying reality itself. The example everyone uses is that of the multiple witnesses to a traffic accident.

If you try to apply that to current events, whether you're talking about the Fukushima nuclear power plant disaster, the Katrina earthquake or 9/11, that's all that exists. On top of that, you've got people with strong opinions of the event to the level that they think they know what's going on, real delusions that could be read as experience of reality and any number of other phenomena.

On top of that, there's the question of what a questioner actually wants to know about something that happened half a world away and is being currently reported, probably with a huge amount of distortion and through various ideological lenses.

I'm not at all surprised that a response would be muddled. I'm put in mind of a question someone is reported to have asked one of the old Robber Barons: what he knew of market fluctuations. After a moment to think, he replied: "The market ... fluctuates."

John Roth

Dave

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Michael Teachings
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2011, 08:40:19 PM »
no. it's because if they gave specifics and get it wrong than it totally invalidates the "channel." the ambiguity and parables keep a safe wiggle room, like psychics doing cold readings or horoscopes. basically a way to not answer the question but seem like it did.

Since channeling is never 100% accurate, if we used your appraisal for what constitutes a valid Michael channel, then all of them would be invalidated. Mistakes will be made. And that's why it's so important to personally validate any piece of channeling that we receive.

Personally, I don't think channels purposely tailor their channeling to avoid specifics. Getting specific information when channeling is just a more difficult task. Individual terms can be especially challenging to channel, and the original Michael channels deserve great credit, for instance, in pulling through the terminology of the Michael teachings as a whole. That was quite a feat.

Best,
Dave