Author Topic: Practical Everyday Ways to Live the MT  (Read 11522 times)

Betty

• View Profile
Practical Everyday Ways to Live the MT
« on: October 27, 2011, 06:39:31 PM »
Does anyone have any practical suggestions on how to live the MT on a day-to-day basis?  Or at least strive toward that goal?

For instance, is there any way to photograph yourself to see whether you are at your real age, or whether you are manifesting a younger age?  And, if so, how to manifest your true age when appropriate?

Or:  when I am dealing with someone whom I truly dislike, how do I turn that into a lesson of growth?

Or:  when I despair of ever making enough money, how do I accept the situation - or change it, as the case may be?

These are just a few examples; I'm sure there are a lot more that are even more pertinent to striving toward growth and agape.  My brain is tired right now, though.

Peace,

Betty

John Roth

• Forum Support
    • View Profile
Re: Practical Everyday Ways to Live the MT
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2011, 02:46:20 AM »
Does anyone have any practical suggestions on how to live the MT on a day-to-day basis?  Or at least strive toward that goal?

For instance, is there any way to photograph yourself to see whether you are at your real age, or whether you are manifesting a younger age?  And, if so, how to manifest your true age when appropriate?

I think this is putting the cart in front of the horse. The purpose of "photographing" is to increase awareness of what behavior looks like that you may want to change. It lets you take a bit of behavior and study it later.

I wouldn't worry about "acting your soul age." It'll happen or it won't, and, frankly, nobody, including your Essence, cares. If it did, it would find ways of making it happen.

Quote from: Betty
Or:  when I am dealing with someone whom I truly dislike, how do I turn that into a lesson of growth?

There are lots of reasons to dislike someone. This is where photographing can come in: note what kind of reaction you have and what kind of situation it occurs in. Then try to map out the overleaves involved and see which ones abrade. Once you've narrowed it down to "when she does X, then I do Y, and she does Z, and it spirals out of control," you're in a position to work on doing something else.

You may never actually like that person, but having a non-confrontational relationship can sometimes be a vast improvement.

Or:  when I despair of ever making enough money, how do I accept the situation - or change it, as the case may be?

This is where we need to talk about technique. Michael hasn't talked a lot about things like prosperity, and there isn't a lot in the MfM books. One reason that occurs to me is that the original Michael group started out as a Gurdjief group, so most of the members knew the techniques and it wasn't necessary to get them from Michael.

Another is that the techniques, in various pure, diluted and distorted versions, are all over the New Age community. This isn't the place to write a textbook on affirmations and creative visualization, and even if it was, I'm not the person to write it.

That said, here are a couple of pointers. One is that we continuously create our reality. This is a lot more profound than it sounds, because it means that we can't not create our reality. If we continuously worry about whether we're going to have enough money, then that's the reality we're creating. Fifteen minutes a day with even the best crafted affirmation or creative visualization won't balance out several hours of worry a day about what will happen if you don't have enough money.

This leads to the second pointer: learn to walk before trying to run. What I mean by that is to use the techniques on things that you aren't really worrying about, but where you will notice when they work. This means that energy you're putting into creating something in your reality isn't going to be sabotaged, at least by anything you're aware of.

Success in small things breeds confidence in larger things.

A third pointer: learn a divination technique. Since this is a Michael group there's lots of attention to channeling. It can be just as useful to learn how to do a few useful Tarot spreads, or use the I Ching oracle, or any of several dozen other techniques. Get in the habit of using your technique, whatever it is, to ask what the influences and likely outcome of anything you're planning on doing that's out of the ordinary. Asking about a planned affirmation would be a good idea. Keep a record.

These are just a few examples; I'm sure there are a lot more that are even more pertinent to striving toward growth and agape.  My brain is tired right now, though.

Peace,

Betty

HTH

John Roth

Betty

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2011, 04:26:31 PM »
Thanks, John.  I appreciate your input.

I think this is putting the cart in front of the horse. The purpose of "photographing" is to increase awareness of what behavior looks like that you may want to change. It lets you take a bit of behavior and study it later.

I wouldn't worry about "acting your soul age." It'll happen or it won't, and, frankly, nobody, including your Essence, cares. If it did, it would find ways of making it happen.

What I really mean by this is becoming more aware of my behaviour in an effort to change and grow.  I'm not so worried about the soul age manifestion, per se, as I want to know how to grow.

There are lots of reasons to dislike someone. This is where photographing can come in: note what kind of reaction you have and what kind of situation it occurs in. Then try to map out the overleaves involved and see which ones abrade. Once you've narrowed it down to "when she does X, then I do Y, and she does Z, and it spirals out of control," you're in a position to work on doing something else.

You may never actually like that person, but having a non-confrontational relationship can sometimes be a vast improvement.

Actually, you are right on spot with this one.  I was referring to a situation that I had previously, and which I de-escalated using techniques similar to what you suggested here.  We are now at the non-confrontational stage, where we can actually talk and laugh with each other.   An interesting sidenote is that it took a couple of years because of my stubbornness:  I was resisting the idea that I was obviously going to have to be the one to initiate the de-escalation.  Once I acknowledged that, I found the other person was waiting for me to make the first move.

Your third suggestion, about divination techniques and such, will require a lot more thought and attention.  But it's encouraging.

Peace,

Betty

jk

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2011, 06:33:20 PM »
There are some very helpful and relevant books written on some of the subjects you are asking about as well as existing Michael channeling.

Generally I would say the whole Michael teachings are about how to live them in day to day life, since that is what we are here to do and Michael is the first to say that.

There is nothing wrong with manifesting a younger soul age. There may be a good reason for it. It has been said somewhere (on this forum?) by someone that it is like being in a higher grade at school, but needing to revise something from a previous grade.

Photographing yourself is another word for self-awareness, which is a practise that definitely leads to more fulfilled life. In an intense form it's a bit like active meditation. Any form of meditation also helps with self-awareness. In the original transcripts, whenever people asked Michael how to grow, they used to be given an answer "meditate, concentrate and study". That is definitely a good general advice and not to be underestimated, but sometimes a more specific and explanatory answers are what one needs.

Dealing with someone you don't like - it really depends on what sort of situation it is and what it is you want to turn it into. There are many choices you potentially have. Often, when we strongly dislike someone, it mirrors something in ourselves, even if this is very hard to see. It is precisely why it may be hard to see, because we would like to very much believe that it is not part of ourselves.
Some people could be simply avoided. Others would be harder to avoid or one may not want to take that route. Some dislikes come under what Byron Katie calls "arguing with reality" in her book Loving What Is, which is a good book for someone who wants to honestly examine this.
Another thing that may be helpful is to remember that there are two dancers needed for every dance.

As for prosperity, Michael has been asked a similar question via Troy, and specifically from Old Soul perspective. Basically how to make money but still feel fulfilled by how you make it. And it touched upon accepting more modest lifestyle too, if that is one's choice. It can be found on Troy's site.

jo

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2011, 08:52:50 PM »
As for prosperity, Michael has been asked a similar question via Troy, and specifically from Old Soul perspective. Basically how to make money but still feel fulfilled by how you make it. And it touched upon accepting more modest lifestyle too, if that is one's choice. It can be found on Troy's site.
Where can you find this on his site?

jk

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2011, 10:05:16 PM »
Here, jo.

jo

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2011, 06:30:04 PM »
thank you.

Jon

• C1E3 Sage/Sage 2nd/5th Old
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2013, 03:31:21 PM »

Peace,

Betty

Hi Betty,

I'm committing forum etiquette no-no by resurrecting a "necro" thread. But every thread here is a year or two old now, so that may deserve a pass. :)

Wanted to respond to your first question on how to live the MT daily. John made a great suggestion about paying attention to the reality around you, in order to begin to see how it reflects your thoughts. I had a hard time understanding this concept until I found a teacher who describes it extremely well. Look for "TheSpiritualCatalyst" on youtube. Her teaching might not be for everyone but a few of her lessons were what I needed at the right time, and that is exactly what you expect to happen, a teacher will come to you when you most need to learn.

A positive growth moment came for me when I figured out that intellectual was an ego issue for me, blocking my ability to connect with higher self consistently. I would get only brief glimpses from time to time, mostly in extreme emotional situations. I latched onto that, and explored higher emotional, and found my higher self smiling at me, so to speak. I had to stop reading books for most of the past year, and focus on feeling things. The Michael teaching is very intellectually stimulating so that was mostly out too. No more thinking about cadres, entities, numbers--it all became nonsense to me for a time. That opened me up to HS.

Next, I stopped THINKING so much. This naturally follows when you stop reading for a while. I went on an intellectual fast, which I consider FASTING every bit as useful as going without food. This not thinking so much got me to pay attention to the moment, not thinking of the past or future, or anything, just being here right now, feeling my body being alive. That feeling alive in the moment led to really quick higher self contact and the ability to effortlessly maintain it.