Author Topic: Philanthropic Karma  (Read 9894 times)

SomeOldSoul

• View Profile
Philanthropic Karma
« on: November 09, 2011, 02:03:51 PM »
I ran across this in a reread of MMfM a few days ago.  I don't have the exact phrasing of it in front of me, but it seems to be a reversal of normal karma where a choice is removed, and instead a choice is offered.  As with normal karma, though, the gesture is repaid down the line in kind.

I'm still pondering the full implications of this, but so far it seems funny that doing something (profoundly) nice for another might not just be balancing a previous debt, but could also create an imbalance in and of itself.  Any other thoughts on this kind of karma?

Betty

• View Profile
Re: Philanthropic Karma
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2011, 04:03:28 PM »
It's the other side of the karma coin.   :)

John Roth

• Forum Support
    • View Profile
Re: Philanthropic Karma
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2011, 05:07:15 PM »
I ran across this in a reread of MMfM a few days ago.  I don't have the exact phrasing of it in front of me, but it seems to be a reversal of normal karma where a choice is removed, and instead a choice is offered.  As with normal karma, though, the gesture is repaid down the line in kind.

I'm still pondering the full implications of this, but so far it seems funny that doing something (profoundly) nice for another might not just be balancing a previous debt, but could also create an imbalance in and of itself.  Any other thoughts on this kind of karma?

Philanthropic karma represents a choice on both party's part: one to provide support, the other to accept it. The people involved will need to do this the other way to balance it. Whether it's "philanthropic karma" or a strange kind of monad or what, the mechanism seems to be similar - Essence wants to examine the issue from all sides, which means both giving and receiving philanthropic gifts.