Author Topic: Goading  (Read 17656 times)

SomeOldSoul

• View Profile
Goading
« on: May 19, 2011, 12:08:00 AM »
It has been said that Priests help others by helping or goading others to self-examination.

For other Priests: How do you view and/or use goading?

For non-Priests: Have you been on the receiving end of their goading?  What are your ideas about it?

---

For me, I find it's a great tool when someone's stonewalling and not acknowledging their feelings or insights.  I'm sneaky enough with it that it usually catches someone off-guard, and their response (while potentially volatile) can often start a whole new line of investigation.  I used to be more brazen with it in my younger days, but regard it as a much more situational (and powerful) tool the older I get.  Namely, because through experience and the teachings I've discovered that most others dislike the Priestly pace of growth/lessons/etc. that I prefer.  Which is fine - I'll be here when you're ready.   :)

Chiara DB

• Forum Support
  • Love all, trust a few. Harm none.
    • View Profile
Re: Goading
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2011, 06:39:57 AM »
I just have to laugh at this post, being married to a Priest, whom I publicly referred to during our wedding vows as "my goad."

My thoughts about -- it sure is annoying, but you guys are usually right on some level. Damn you Priests!! ;)

I think you're right on the money that most people aren't in harmony with the pace of growth that Priests would like to see. My Priesty sure had to find that out the hard way.

Mike42

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2011, 04:35:19 PM »
  My theory is if I am sneaky enough the other person will think they thought up the whole goading episode.  All I have to do is ask dumb questions like I am trying to understand and then let the other person figure it out for themselves.  This is only true when I have not moved into zeal which I have to watch out for.
Mike42

(A 2nd level old priest)

doodeedoo

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2011, 04:58:47 PM »
  My theory is if I am sneaky enough the other person will think they thought up the whole goading episode.  All I have to do is ask dumb questions like I am trying to understand and then let the other person figure it out for themselves.  This is only true when I have not moved into zeal which I have to watch out for.
Mike42

(A 2nd level old priest)

:D that makes a good tip

jk

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2011, 06:46:04 PM »
Hmm, I don't know, I am an Artisan, and I do this kind of stuff too (when I think there is any point to it). I think to assign it to just Priests is inaccurate. I do not have Priest ET nor Casting, but I do have incarnate Priest TC and I am from no 6 Entity. No other priestliness I know of.

I wish other people did it more to me, because the other person can always see your problem points better than you can yourself.

Chiara DB

• Forum Support
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2011, 07:19:01 PM »
jk, I have a Mature Priest sister and an Old Priest husband, and I can tell you with certainty that no one does goading quite like a Priest. While everyone can help others see their blocks or blind spots in their own way, when Priests do it, it is a very specific and intense sensation. They are always able to hone in on your deep-rooted problem more accurately than any other role, often to the point where you hate them for it - at least temporarily! Then you either thank them and love them for it, or you run far, far away. ;) And the way they can heal you (sometimes even physically, with intention and touch) and make you feel wonderful and completely loved is different from every other role, too.

Not saying that no other role can heal you, love you, or goad you, but those things are Priest specialties, just like intense and prolific creation of all kinds is an Artisan specialty.

Betty

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2011, 08:23:41 PM »
What the server's specialty?

Chiara DB

• Forum Support
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2011, 12:00:44 AM »
I'd say the server's specialty is providing exactly what someone needs before they even realize they need it -- the person being served feels like their needs (or the needs of the situation, or the group) have been anticipated and fulfilled almost as if by magic. The server is in a way the most important role there is, because service is the fastest way to spiritual growth.

Betty

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2011, 01:08:06 AM »
Hmmm....I don't know what I expected you to say, but it wasn't that.  But, you know what?  What you said does resonate somewhere within me.

Velleity

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2011, 04:27:26 AM »
Then you either thank them and love them for it, or you run far, far away.

I knew a priestly male, who first got quite angry with me for needing to 'have alone time', then pointed out my vulnerabilities and then once I was crying and angry (because some of it was true but felt very invasive) he kissed me. Then I got out of the car and ran far far away. lol.  ::)
« Last Edit: May 21, 2011, 04:31:12 AM by Elisabeth »

Dave

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Michael Teachings
« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2011, 09:30:02 AM »
Yeah, if a priestly male did that to me, I'd probably get out of the car and run far far away, too.  :D

Chiara DB

• Forum Support
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2011, 05:55:43 PM »
Betty, I'm glad  :) 

Elisabeth, he probably felt like NOW he got to the REAL you that wasn't hindered by what he perceived to be your defense mechanisms, so he was happy and inspired and felt closer to you. (Either that or he was a perverse, power-tripping jerk.) Priests who aren't power-tripping jerks have to learn that yeah, if you get to the "real me" by breaking down my defenses, I'm not actually going to be happy or well-disposed toward you.

Velleity

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2011, 11:21:35 PM »
I think he was both Chiara. Or at least I could have a fun time with him and talk about a lot of things, we also had a lot of cardinal energy that added up (which was intense), but then he had the power-tripping side where he couldn't understand certain fundamental things about me and he felt I was lying when I would try to explain myself, told me plainly that he was right and I was wrong. Interesting fellow, quite magnetic, but in the end didn't feel like dealing with him... but also yes, I think it was difficult being around a person like that at a time when I was more vulnerable and depressed and generally at a weird point in my life. Felt like too much was being ripped off at one time, which is not usually fun for a king who doesn't like feeling her defenses stripped. heh.

But I have come across priests who are much more inspiring/lovely to be around, it's rather infectious. Had a very long chat with one about more fundamental meaningful self things and it felt fairly transcendental and I felt very glowing and happy/fulfilled afterward. Helped that we were sitting in an afternoon sun-bathed room and the light was coming from behind him. lol. His only 'zeal' I saw was when he got onto topics of conspiracy theories... which I could brush aside more easily... though I'm sure he could be pretty darn goading if he wanted to be. Saw the potential for it.

I think one of my sisters also has priest influence, and she's very good at guilt-tripping/goading, the kind where she gives you a look or tells you something you should 'do' and is usually right and you kind of hate her for it. ;) But I do like having her around. We live quite well together.

And Dave. That made me laugh quite hard last night. ;)
« Last Edit: May 21, 2011, 11:25:17 PM by Elisabeth »

DanielE

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2011, 01:57:22 AM »
Hi all,

The priest energy is difficult to handle, but quite beautiful - like all the others - when you don't get attach to it.  I am a priest, and honestly, sometimes I feel like the last person to be looked upon for inspiration. 

Maybe because I have used a lot of priest energy at my jobs, the last thing I now want to do with some of my friends is talk about their life and their issues.  Funny is, sometimes it's expected (partly because they have done it so much with me), and we end up doing it.  This is why I think one of my best friends is a sage and another a server with sage casting -- let's pass the time well and have fun. 

It is said in MSFM that old kings become hobos because they want no more responsibility.  I am a late old priest, and I am beginning to feel like that in regards to helping people.   Saying "Go on brother!" in an encouraging manner, is my attitude increasingly so. 

Daniel

Velleity

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 25, 2011, 03:59:33 AM »
I can get where you're coming from Daniel.

Maybe it's Priest maya that you "must being inspiring!" just as it's King maya to think "I must lead everything" or "must make the decisions". I often don't feel like being in charge of things, except for what I'm doing personally. The question I hate most these days is when people turn their heads to me and say "so what's for dinner!"..... noooooooo. lol.

It's still nice to be 'available' in some sense, for others, but not too caught up (like you said), usually I like acting as priesty/therapist or sounding board which I don't mind at all, gives me a break from my king-self...