Author Topic: Side  (Read 5341 times)

Chiara DB

• Forum Support
  • Love all, trust a few. Harm none.
    • View Profile
Side
« on: May 29, 2011, 05:25:55 AM »
I was reading Dave's overleaves in the new Member Overleaves section,and I saw the category "Side." I have never heard of this -- what is it?

Dave

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Michael Teachings
Re: Side
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2011, 09:00:24 AM »
This is all theoretical, but it has been conjectured that an entity has three sides, with each side corresponding to the three axes: inspiration, expression, and action. In other words, truth, love, or beauty (sometimes called energy).

Deciding how this all works with the various casting systems -- for instance, JP's and Yarbro's -- has resulted in a bit of a muddle at times. Students in various camps have argued about it for awhile, but the dust is finally settling now and it's become apparent that Yarbro's casting and JP's casting are not synonymous. Yarbro's casting pertains to how the soul is cast from the Tao, and JP's casting (which is based on raw numbers) concerns how the entity chooses to work together on the physical plane. In other words, when she uses the term casting, she doesn't mean your actual soul casting. It's something different altogether. There's integrity in both of the systems, however, and they both serve a specific purpose. Some channels, though, are mixing the two systems together as if they were the same, and this is creating both confusion and potentially mixed results.

I'm not entirely sure how this alters the purpose of the entity sides when contrasted between the two casting systems. It doesn't look like they are completely in alignment, and that may inevitably change our definitions of the terms. Once again, though, does any of this matter that much in the grand scheme, and will it help us on our journey toward becoming more loving and compassionate souls? Probably not. ;)

Best,
Dave

Chiara DB

• Forum Support
  • Love all, trust a few. Harm none.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2011, 08:15:43 AM »
Thanks for your response, I don't know how I didn't see this before! To be honest, I can't make sense out of most of the casting/entity/cadre stuff, and I agree with you -- it's not actually necessary to do so for the purposes of the MT.

It did make me think about having to choose between truth, love and beauty (I know that has nothing to do with the idea of sides, your explanation just made me think of it), and I guess I would choose beauty. Maybe that's because I'm an action role.

doodeedoo

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2011, 12:45:51 AM »
i think the side you are on could be relevant. out of those three i am probably most interested in truth. this can explain why i may seem to be more of a stickler for the exact truth to others, which could lead to greater acceptance etc.

for example, i have a friend who i would say is more interested in beauty. sometimes it seems that my words come across as a little brash to her. she says things to me like... that's a little harsh, or, that was ugly. haha? she seems to be more interested in things going smoothly than actually acknowledging and examining every facet of the truth. if we have an argument she is more interested in the tone of the whole thing, whereas i focus in on the precise misunderstanding we had.

perhaps minor in the large scheme of things though as you are sayin, yeah. and these qualities could be attributed to other things, other aspects of personality.

jk

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2011, 12:54:54 AM »
Apparently there is also a connection between Attitude and Truth, Mode and Love, and Goal and Beauty/Energy.
The state of each of those overleaves reflecting the degree of manifestation of that particular energy.