Relationships > Karma

Minor Karma

<< < (2/4) > >>

MOO:
Can someone list the 7 levels of karma?

jk:
Moo - look two posts above yours. I have posted a link to a page that not only lists them but also explains them

MeliaNamaste:
When we're thinking about more than minor karma, Level 6 for example, think of political attack ads and the effect they have on the victim and the public. When people we support use this kind of tactic, does that add to our karma? I guess I am getting away from individual karma and into collective karma. Hope this isn't off topic.

John Roth:

--- Quote from: MeliaNamaste on July 01, 2011, 12:33:23 PM ---When we're thinking about more than minor karma, Level 6 for example, think of political attack ads and the effect they have on the victim and the public. When people we support use this kind of tactic, does that add to our karma? I guess I am getting away from individual karma and into collective karma. Hope this isn't off topic.

--- End quote ---

It's on topic, and it brings up an interesting point: karma is created by the removal of choices that Essence planned on having available, or discovered it needed later, for the lifetime. Political attacks by practicing politicians on each other are part of the game, and there's no karma involved as long as the participants knew that was the game and agreed to it. If you've got ten people contesting for President of the U.S., only one is going to win. The winner doesn't get karma from keeping the other nine from the position.

To take a case in counterpoint, the Exxon-Mobile funded attacks on climate scientists could well create karma for the people in that company who to fund the "global warming denial" strategy.

John Roth

MeliaNamaste:
John, I am Canadian and up until very recently attack ads have not been part of the game here. I have watched two men of high integrity bite the dust politically because they refused to attack back and the people of low discernment who saw the ads took them as truth. Unfortunately that resulted in the one(s) who used them forming our current government. I am working very hard to stay out of judgement, but how can you trust any group who will use any means to win? I am hoping all this will result in serious karmic consequences for the perps. Does that accrue karma to me?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version