Author Topic: Ralph Waldo Emerson  (Read 8367 times)

Diomedes

• View Profile
Ralph Waldo Emerson
« on: April 25, 2011, 02:13:59 AM »
Apparently my previous post was lost.  I am interested in the soul age and role of Emerson, if anyone knows.  If there is a link to lists of famous people, I would like that also.  Thanks.

Dave

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Michael Teachings
Re: Ralph Waldo Emerson
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2011, 02:55:08 AM »
Apparently my previous post was lost.  I am interested in the soul age and role of Emerson, if anyone knows.  If there is a link to lists of famous people, I would like that also.  Thanks.

This isn't channeling, but judging from his photos, I'm fairly convinced that Emerson was a Priest. I believe Shepherd channeled that Emerson and Thoreau were essence twins, which makes some sense. I love the whole literary history of these writers, and have been to Concord, MA several times, touring their homes and the wonderful local museums in the area. I was so interested in vicariously absorbing the locale that I rented a small boat and paddled down the Concord river like Thoreau often did. That was a thrill.

I also visited Emily Dickinson's home when I was back there (in Amherst), and that was another thrill. She was channeled as a 7th old Scholar/Artisan with King casting.

Here's the link to more celebrities:
http://www.michaelteachings.com/celebrities.html

Best,
Dave

John Roth

• Forum Support
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2011, 04:54:52 PM »

This isn't channeling, but judging from his photos, I'm fairly convinced that Emerson was a Priest. I believe Shepherd channeled that Emerson and Thoreau were essence twins, which makes some sense. I love the whole literary history of these writers, and have been to Concord, MA several times, touring their homes and the wonderful local museums in the area. I was so interested in vicariously absorbing the locale that I rented a small boat and paddled down the Concord river like Thoreau often did. That was a thrill.

I also visited Emily Dickinson's home when I was back there (in Amherst), and that was another thrill. She was channeled as a 7th old Scholar/Artisan with King casting.

Here's the link to more celebrities:
http://www.michaelteachings.com/celebrities.html

Best,
Dave

Priest makes a good deal of sense since there's a huge amount of cardinal inspiration energy around that entire group, which was mostly composed of Unitarian ministers.

John Roth

ShepherdH

• Michael Channel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2011, 03:47:54 AM »
DAVE:

I believe Shepherd channeled that Emerson and Thoreau were essence twins, which makes some sense.

SHEPHERD:

I don't have anything on either.

Dave

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Michael Teachings
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2011, 04:02:28 AM »
Do you mean as roles or as essence twins? You channeled about them in 2004 or 2005, I believe, on the now defunct forum I once had on this site. Here's the material:

THE TRANSCENDENTALISTS

Q. Could you talk about the 19th century group of writers known as the Transcendentalists (especially Emerson and Thoreau)? What was the pre-incarnational agenda of the group and what interesting soul connections did they share?

MICHAEL: Emerson and Thoreau are essence twins. They had a life task of bringing forward from the past the wisdom of the "sages" and making it available for modern times. These were intensely curious souls who wanted to explore human potential when many of their contemporaries were still bound by their cultures.

Q. Also, Emily Dickinson was unknown to the Transcendentalists but followed their work closely. In fact, it was reflected in some of her poetry. Was she connected to the group on the astral, and what other insights can you reveal about her life?

MICHAEL: Yes, she was part of their working group, a quadrate.

She was determined to advance and felt that to do so, she needed to shut out the world. In previous lives, she had been a social butterfly.

CHANNELED BY: Shepherd Hoodwin

mtscholar

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2011, 11:32:45 PM »
Emily Dickinson is my favorite poet. I go through times when all I read before I go to bed is her. One of the most fascinating things I ever discovered in her poetry relates to something in one of the later Yarbro books, I believe it was, in which Michael talks about the atmosphere being a continuation of water and the oceans. One of Emily's poems states that "there is a maritime conviction in the atmosphere." Being a Scholar, I'll provide the poem:

I think that the Root of the Wind is Water --
It would not sound so deep
Were it a Firmamental Product --
Airs no Oceans keep --
Mediterranean intonations --
To a Current's Ear --
There is a maritime conviction
In the Atmosphere --

Diomedes

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2011, 02:13:34 AM »
Thanks for the information on the Transcendentalists.  I loved them when I studied them in college, in the sixties, but I have only recently discovered them again, this time after 40 years of study in the realm of the spiritual.  In college, I simply was not capable of understanding Emerson's central message, and even now, his essays and book (Nature) are challenging because of the writing style.  He always channeled, or attempted to, when he wrote.

I am reading Richard Geldard's book, The Spiritual Teaching of Ralph Waldo Emerson, which is brilliant and very helpful to see what Emerson's thoughts were really all about.

Again, much thanks for your interest.

Dave

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Michael Teachings
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2011, 09:24:58 AM »
I'll look for that book by Geldard. Have you read Emerson: The Mind On Fire by Robert Richardson (husband of the great Annie Dillard). It's recommended reading.

Emerson was a great purveyor of wisdom, but try to narrow him down to a specific teaching and things get slippery. His was a beautiful mind that was not easily defined.

His essays are always engaging and uplifting and I guess you could call him a difficult pleasure. I love how he speaks to the individual and tells them to treasure their thoughts, their perceptions, their projects, especially when they find themselves hemmed in by what seems to be a sterile conformity. He's not an easy read, but when you're feeling down he feels like an ally, in intellectual terms.

Best,
Dave

Dave

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Michael Teachings
« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2011, 09:33:55 AM »
Emily Dickinson is my favorite poet. Being a Scholar, I'll provide the poem:

I think that the Root of the Wind is Water --
It would not sound so deep
Were it a Firmamental Product --
Airs no Oceans keep --
Mediterranean intonations --
To a Current's Ear --
There is a maritime conviction
In the Atmosphere --

I used to set some of her poems to music and they lend themselves quite well.

Best,
Dave

mtscholar

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2011, 11:21:52 PM »
Pretty much all of her poems can be sung to the tune of The Yellow Road of Texas. If you so choose, of course.